RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meh.. tired of being on lock down :( off to my LFS, new wave maker may be In my future ;)
I am going to mine tomorrow. :)
I just picked up the car from the shop, and i pulled into the lfs, parked, and left before i did something stupid. :) the lockdown struggle is reaaaal.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up the car from the shop, and i pulled into the lfs, parked, and left before i did something stupid. :) the lockdown struggle is reaaaal.

Pretty sure Im going to do something stupid ;)

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was short and not sweet :( love my LFS but they leave me scratching my head.. went to buy a RN-1, they always have them in stock but of course not today! Completely new staff (don't know what their problem is with employee turnover?) they basically ignored me, corals looked like crap, aptiasa everywhere, prices have sored to absolutely ridicules heights ($350 for a small green scoly.. lol!!) spotted a nice pest free colony of zoa's and they wouldn't sell them to me :mad: I had a $300 budget, was going to get the pump, food and a couple corals.. told them as I walked out that I was going home to order everything on line and probably wouldn't be back anytime soon!!!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that was short and not sweet :( love my LFS but they leave me scratching my head.. went to buy a RN-1, they always have them in stock but of course not today! Completely new staff (don't know what their problem is with employee turnover?) they basically ignored me, corals looked like crap, aptiasa everywhere, prices have sored to absolutely ridicules heights ($350 for a small green scoly.. lol!!) spotted a nice pest free colony of zoa's and they wouldn't sell them to me :mad: I had a $300 budget, was going to get the pump, food and a couple corals.. told them as I walked out that I was going home to order everything on line and probably wouldn't be back anytime soon!!!
Ive had to cut an LFS off the list locally for the same reasons. Bummer. Sorry bud.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had to cut an LFS off the list locally for the same reasons. Bummer. Sorry bud.

Thanks man, I have very low tolerance for that kind of thing (I'm still fuming!!).. this has been brewing for a while, they fired one of my favorite staff last year, really talented and very helpful young man that I had known for many years when he worked for another local reef shop.. I was flabbergasted and kinda upset about it so I asked them why they let such a great employee go and was basically told it's not any of my business. I can understand that but the way it was delivered was snarky at best. Im 100% positive it was not because of anything he did wrong.. I'm still angry about it.

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it!

Just went dancing through my kitchen with it blasting!

found that yesterday, perfectly matched my mood so thought I would share.. lol. I miss the 70's:)

BTW.. I have a treasure trove of thing's bookmarked and Im about to go on a shopping spree to ease the pain ;Hilarious

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found that yesterday, perfectly matched my mood so thought I would share.. lol. I miss the 70's:)

BTW.. I have a treasure trove of thing's bookmarked and Im about to go on a shopping spree to ease the pain ;Hilarious
Covid shopping spree! WEeEeEeEeEe!

OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Retro Reefer

Retro Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sensible self regained control and Im waiting for memorial day sales this weekend to order stuff.. lol

Take all that back.. lol!!

Corals on the way..

sneak peek ;)

9F069DA6-6161-44B2-A624-7BBE20C2B746.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 55 77.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%

Back