My CSB mouth is open

CoralsComeInMoreColors

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2022
Messages
234
Reaction score
57
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a csb about 8 months ago, and it was doing really fine until I took another anemone out of the tank as it was splitting and growing too rapidly, I noticed my csb getting ticked off and ran carbon+ water changes. It seemed to be doing fine and then I started dosing amino acids (new to sps and heard aminos help a ton) and then started to see my csb deflate and in a weird shape, this morning I saw my CSB with its mouth open, and I really don’t want this to die as it’s my favorite piece in my tank, any advice?
Tank parameters: 8.6 dkh
1350 mg
350 ca
0.4 phosphate
2 nitrate
IMG_8476.jpeg
 
Maybe raise no3 slightly by adding amino acids and feeding him directly i would try this first because if he’s starving you should notice fairly instant changes back to normal within 24 hours of dosing aminos and direct feeding if that doesn’t work you might need more experienced advice
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new