My Current QT Process

JPK

Always learning from others
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro is dosed every other day. When weaving in GC it contains metronidazole so you wouldn't dose metro with those two doses.

The only time I do a WC is just before the second dose of GC and I would do a 25% WC.

Makes sense, I think. So you are continuing the metro after the tank transfer at 14 days. I think that is where I got, maybe still am, confused with the time frame.
Thanks

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense, I think. So you are continuing the metro after the tank transfer at 14 days. I think that is where I got, maybe still am, confused with the time frame.
Thanks
Not Quite. It would look like this:
Day 1 of therapeutic copper: Dose GC
Day 3 Dose Metro
Day 5 Dose Metro
Day 7 25% WC then Dose GC
Day 9 Dose Metro

If you aren't weaving in GC just dose metro Days 1,3,5,7,9. So 5 doses = 10 days of treatment.

Does this make more sense?

nden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got this guy through 14 days of therapeutic copper, which I also did 5 doses of Metroplex. After the transfer into the 2nd qt, for General Cure dosing, saw him flashing on day 11. Also noticed some missing scales on his left side and head. Any idea what this could be? They seem to be raised, moreso the one on his head.

Thanks
2c70bd79348c97013595214cfc5a6074.jpg
c486c3ff5420de05662abeaca236ff96.jpg

JPK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my CBB has been in therapeutic copper for 12 days. He also went through the 10 days of GC, Metro x 2 and GC. I just noticed this on his fins.
Does this look like fin rot? He is eating.
Thanks
3FE31AC4-F421-4EA6-B1B3-411FB17DCCF9.jpeg
61704697-051A-4D1A-817F-FDA599C20D21.jpeg

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is lympho. Very common to show up on butterflies and angels during copper.

Are you supplementing food with vitamins? It's a virus that will go away pretty quickly on it's own provided a healthy diet and pristine water.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lymphocystis.257461/

JPK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is lympho. Very common to show up on butterflies and angels during copper.

Are you supplementing food with vitamins? It's a virus that will go away pretty quickly on it's own provided a healthy diet and pristine water.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lymphocystis.257461/

Thanks for the quick reply and info! I mix my food with selcon and garlic guard. I will do 25% water change to see if it helps. Would you recommend any other food additives?
J

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick reply and info! I mix my food with selcon and garlic guard. I will do 25% water change to see if it helps. Would you recommend any other food additives?
J
I use selcon, vitachem, and zoecon. I rotate each batch if food I make. Only using one in each batch of food.

It will probably go away once you get the fish into your display.

JPK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use selcon, vitachem, and zoecon. I rotate each batch if food I make. Only using one in each batch of food.

It will probably go away once you get the fish into your display.

Thank you, I will grab some extra additives and try switching between food batches.
:)

LawJp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.

I have a clown that has gone through 14 days of Copper Power at 1.75ppm and General Cure/focus in its food for 16 days. I then moved it into my second 20 gallon quarantine tank and dosed the water with two packets of general cure. The clown has had two "white bumps" on its left side since I got it, they were smooth and didn't change while it was in the copper at all. At the end of the first dose of General Cure, it looks like front "white bump" has a little black dot in the middle of it. The rear white bump looks like it always has. The clown has also started hanging out in one of the PVC fittings most of the day, beginning about 3 days ago, which is something it didn't do before.

Any ideas on what these bumps are and what I should do next? I was about to do a second dose of general cure in the water over the next week and then move him to the display tank. Here is a picture of what they look like.

Any help is appreciated.

clown1.jpg

-Brian

Last edited:

CoreyWakefield123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget the directions. Follow that link I sent you.

Prazipro contains praziquantel.

GC contains metronidazole and praziquantel.

You still need to spread the two doses of GC 5-7 days apart to make sure you kill any hatchlings that make it past the initial dose.

Just so I'm understanding this correctly, once you've moved the fish into the second QT tank and treat with GC you space the two doses 5-7 days apart instead of 48 hours as the instructions say? Do you then wait 48 hours and do a water change? Thanks!

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just so I'm understanding this correctly, once you've moved the fish into the second QT tank and treat with GC you space the two doses 5-7 days apart instead of 48 hours as the instructions say? Do you then wait 48 hours and do a water change? Thanks!
Correct, Two doses 5-7 days apart.

The water change should be between dose 1 and 2. Typically I'd do the WC right before the second dose.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.

I have a clown that has gone through 14 days of Copper Power at 1.75ppm and General Cure/focus in its food for 16 days. I then moved it into my second 20 gallon quarantine tank and dosed the water with two packets of general cure. The clown has had two "white bumps" on its left side since I got it, they were smooth and didn't change while it was in the copper at all. At the end of the first dose of General Cure, it looks like front "white bump" has a little black dot in the middle of it. The rear white bump looks like it always has. The clown has also started hanging out in one of the PVC fittings most of the day, beginning about 3 days ago, which is something it didn't do before.

Any ideas on what these bumps are and what I should do next? I was about to do a second dose of general cure in the water over the next week and then move him to the display tank. Here is a picture of what they look like.

Any help is appreciated.

clown1.jpg

-Brian
I am thinking they may just be natural markings. They don't appear to be anything disease related to me.

@4FordFamily @Big G @ngoodermuth what do you all think?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there.

Any help is appreciated.

clown1.jpg

-Brian
Try a freshwater dip in a dark bucket. See if any “sesame seed” appearing things drop off, if the black spot goes away. Report back.

It could just be a skin reaction to meds, in which case I’d see if it improves with time.

Could be tough flukes, or black ich.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back