My Current QT Process

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put the flame and pintail wrasse with the largest angel in one tank and the Lineatus and the other two angels in the other. My thought process is fewer species of the same genus/family as possible. The reason for putting the Lineatus by himself is that he should be the most aggressive of the three Cirrhilabrus.

That is a pretty expensive little bundle of fish coming in there! More than a little jealous.

Schnizzle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating crypto in a 40 breeder. 3.25" Powder Brown Tang, Lawnmower Blenny, Firefish, Hi-Fin Goby, Clown pair, Royal Gramma, Solorensis Wrasse. The tang is either flashing a little still or going after his reflection on the bottom glass. He doesn't do it on the pipes or the house I put in the tank. I no longer "visibly" see anything on them. It was bad when I started treatment. I reached 1.56 at noon and 1.77 at 2200 on Sunday, 14 April. (I printed out the instructions on this post before the 2.00 update but it's definitely not velvet) Would I be pushing it to transfer the fish to a sterile tank on Sunday 28 April around 1700? Should I just wait until Monday night? Should I go longer? haha Everyone is still eating well and looks/acts great at this point. I have not gone lower at any point and I'm currently at 1.81. I use a Hanna tester every other day.

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks

What is ABX?

GC is the api general cure I assume and you use this initially mixing with food and then again mixing in the water when you transfer the fish to a clean tank? and this is what you like using instead of the Prazi? I am just making sure I understand this GC is one in the same in both cases. I have prazi already but will toss it if the GC is better and treats more.

Spectrogram is both (Kanamycin+Nitrofurazone)? Appears so based on the link you provided. I was going to buy Furan 2 but you mention also using kanaplex with the furan. I would rather buy one to do the same job as 2.

I assume formaldehyde 37% is the same as formalin?

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can hold them in a temporary container while you bleach and sterilize your QT. Just make sure everything is completely dry before you start QT back up.

After you run bleach for maybe 8 hours how long do you need to let the tank dry before using it for post copper treatment?

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating crypto in a 40 breeder. 3.25" Powder Brown Tang, Lawnmower Blenny, Firefish, Hi-Fin Goby, Clown pair, Royal Gramma, Solorensis Wrasse. The tang is either flashing a little still or going after his reflection on the bottom glass. He doesn't do it on the pipes or the house I put in the tank. I no longer "visibly" see anything on them. It was bad when I started treatment. I reached 1.56 at noon and 1.77 at 2200 on Sunday, 14 April. (I printed out the instructions on this post before the 2.00 update but it's definitely not velvet) Would I be pushing it to transfer the fish to a sterile tank on Sunday 28 April around 1700? Should I just wait until Monday night? Should I go longer? haha Everyone is still eating well and looks/acts great at this point. I have not gone lower at any point and I'm currently at 1.81. I use a Hanna tester every other day.
The 28th or that Monday is fine. It's just a minimum of 14 days at the therapuetic level. So anytime after that is fine for the sterile transfer.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks

What is ABX?

GC is the api general cure I assume and you use this initially mixing with food and then again mixing in the water when you transfer the fish to a clean tank? and this is what you like using instead of the Prazi? I am just making sure I understand this GC is one in the same in both cases. I have prazi already but will toss it if the GC is better and treats more.

Spectrogram is both (Kanamycin+Nitrofurazone)? Appears so based on the link you provided. I was going to buy Furan 2 but you mention also using kanaplex with the furan. I would rather buy one to do the same job as 2.

I assume formaldehyde 37% is the same as formalin?
ABX is just referring to antibiotics in general.

Yes GC is general cure. Spectrogram contains both kanamycin and nitrofurazone. Which are the same ingredients as Kanaplex and Furan-2.

Formalin is 37% formaldehyde yes. Either is acceptable.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After you run bleach for maybe 8 hours how long do you need to let the tank dry before using it for post copper treatment?
I personally allow to dry for 48-72hrs if possible.

Chrisb1971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the 3rd cleaner wrasse that has died this way. Predominantly effects my wrasses just lost 2 gold back wrasses and a pair of black hooded wrasses all passing white poop. I have tried nearly every ABX

Any ideas?
Thank you
B6A98DD0-B9A9-4E1F-8FCC-CC1F076BE5EF.jpeg
CF314F74-6B46-4871-9AAB-B996A45C05BD.jpeg

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks looks like your NFG link might be bad in the OP. Is this it? Really $100?

https://store.nationalfishpharm.com/items/view/605/nitrofuracin-green?return=/items/search/category:298/page:2

And when you say this, “14 Days of observation post medications prior to transfer to DT in order to make sure the fish are healthy and disease free.”

Are you transferring to a third tank or still keeping them in the second tank for these additional 14 days and doing water changes with no more meds added? So of no NFG, then just 2 doses of Prazipro per instructions and after that do the 14 days of just feeding and water changes in same tank as NFG and/or prazi?

Last edited:
OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks looks like your NFG link might be bad in the OP. Is this it? Really $100?

https://store.nationalfishpharm.com/items/view/605/nitrofuracin-green?return=/items/search/category:298/page:2

And when you say this, “14 Days of observation post medications prior to transfer to DT in order to make sure the fish are healthy and disease free.”

Are you transferring to a third tank or still keeping them in the second tank for these additional 14 days and doing water changes with no more meds added?
That is the correct link. That's the smallest portion they sell.

You can buy a smaller portion on eBay.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283357026298

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you transferring to a third tank or still keeping them in the second tank for these additional 14 days and doing water changes with no more meds added? So of no NFG, then just 2 doses of Prazipro per instructions and after that do the 14 days of just feeding and water changes in same tank as NFG and/or prazi?
Sorry, it should be worded that they are in a 14 day copper free tank.

I only use NFG if there is an active bacterial infection.

If ich or velvet is still present for whatever reason, it would typically show in the presence of either NFG or prazi. So there is no need for a 3rd transfer.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey pro’s. Any experience with QTing a beta.

CP ok to use?

Cheers,
C

memphissfinest

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks

Is there any issue with Dosing GC/Metro for the 9 days per your schedule THEN starting the Copper Power treatment for 30 days? I only have one quarantine tank.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HotRocks

Is there any issue with Dosing GC/Metro for the 9 days per your schedule THEN starting the Copper Power treatment for 30 days? I only have one quarantine tank.

No issue. You can do that. However I do prefer to get treating ich/velvet out of the way first with most fish. Unless you are treating anthias, chromis, or any other Uronema prone fish. It would be best to do as you suggested if you don't want to combine with copper.

Chrisb1971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the 3rd cleaner wrasse that has died this way. Predominantly effects my wrasses just lost 2 gold back wrasses and a pair of black hooded wrasses all passing white poop. I have tried nearly every ABX

Any ideas?
Thank you
B6A98DD0-B9A9-4E1F-8FCC-CC1F076BE5EF.jpeg
CF314F74-6B46-4871-9AAB-B996A45C05BD.jpeg
Any ideas anybody?

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jason Roth
There is no Focus Plus. It is just Focus.
Kanaplex is a med and Focus is a binding agent that binds (sticks) the meds to the food so the fish are digesting the meds when they eat the food and it is just not going into the water column.

Jason Roth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jason Roth
There is no Focus Plus. It is just Focus.
Kanaplex is a med and Focus is a binding agent that binds (sticks) the meds to the food so the fish are digesting the meds when they eat the food and it is just not going into the water column.

Ok. I got that + mixed up. It was used in the OP to reference mixing both products and not that it was part of the name. So did I buy the right product? Hotrocks mentions mixing the GC and focus. I’m assuming I bought the wrong product although I know he mentioned using kanaplex as a medication as well. Am I supposed to just have this focus product?

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to buy GC(General Cure) and Focus.
Kanaplex is an ABX (antibiotic) for bacterial infection and GC is to get rid of parasites.

91vVlHWQqEL._SX679_.jpg

81RHGu5C1UL._SL1500_.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back