My first attempt at a reef tank

nick_rsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Day Everyone,

So after many long night reading on forums and watching videos on youtube amd seeing so many tanks and ideas and possibilities with a marine setup, I decided to make the move from Fresh Water to Salt water.

I managed to get a decent deal on a IM Nuvo 30 with the AIO, and since the tank, i managed to find a ghost protein skimmer at a LFS, unfortunately in South Africa the marine side of fish keeping is very small and products arent as varied as many other countries.

The tank has been wet since July 12th which is when i added Carib Sea aragonite and a few pieces of Marco rock. The ghist skimmer has been set in the one compartment of the over flow and the other side has a normal over fkow filer box with carbon matrix and denitrate which flows over some live rock to the return pump.

Lighting is a basic Zetlight which i will upgrade in the near future, flow is done vy a mantis tourbon 2 which i think on its lowest setting is kicking the sand around.

The tank has been cycling wirh Seachem stability so constantly testing to check ammo and nitrate levels, getting eager to add the firsr 2 clownfish. The Bioload on the tank should be low as i am going to focus more on making it a niche little reef tank.

OP
OP
nick_rsa

nick_rsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20210729-115828_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210729-115828_Gallery.jpg
should be working now

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back