My First Attempt at the Big Time: WaterBox PP 230.6 Tank Build

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks to you i realized waterbox has some sort of office 4 miles from my office!

upload_2019-5-9_12-45-18.png

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The main manufacture plant is in China across the street from Red Sea ...I visited. Very clean and nice!
That’s awesome. How’d you coordinate that?

Your tank looks great by the way!

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s awesome. How’d you coordinate that?

Your tank looks great by the way!

I was going to China to give some lectures on my world tour (haha) and had been watching that business on the wire seeing their tanks. So while I was there I was hanging out with some docs from South Africa and Denmark and the one guy had a friend that was a boss there so he got me in. But I think anyone could arrange it when over there. They really are meticulous with the builds and packing. Of course it took from ordering at aquashella to get my 10% off all the way until November to get it to my house. Which seemed like an eternity...but gave me time to cure and cycle my BRS dry sterile reef rock. Lots of dr Tim’s (the other dr Tim) and testing. Used the time to build my water station and run my lines under the floor in the crawl space for the automatic water change etc. I have an MBA so I like to know the business a little for some of these companies I deal with. Not that it makes me do or not do business with them but let’s me know how to deal with them either in negotiations or customer service.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok been so busy with life work and travel and messing around in on @Katrina71 thread I have neglected my own.

Next was putting together the sump.

04c3027a2cfc143f50c8120e8ecef5cd.jpg

5f65b16d716fa612f6ce06a080c45839.jpg

But for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how to get the level stable in the skimmer box area and the return box...

8e774e226106d5e5fa1579f15963ff8d.jpg

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well let me know I’m seriously up for helping! I live in Athens Ohio part time I’ll actually be there next weekend.

Thanks. I have heard nothing about shipping yet. Hovering over the email every day.
A very long time ago my parents lived in Athens Ohio. My dad ran a drugstore there.

OP
OP
tdlawdo

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would have to look but I think it has been 2 months.

I am going with TBS rock from the sea. I am going to fight it out. I hope I get a great white shark or something.

Haha!! I so debated on that but I did the dry reef rock instead. I use to like to see what hitch hikers I got in my nano!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back