My first reef tank with a clam

maddieb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
23
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my tank, we have had it up and running for 7 months.
This are not staying this way I still have yet to glue things down.
we do two water changes a week and we have just added the maxima clam a few days ago.
and I couldn’t be more in love with her 🥰
IMG_4777.jpeg
IMG_4737.jpeg


IMG_4781.jpeg
 
Gorgeous clam, it's huge. The clam has the markings of a Squamosa or Derasa. It would be great to see a top down image with the flow turned off.
 
Gorgeous clam, it's huge. The clam has the markings of a Squamosa or Derasa. It would be great to see a top down image with the flow turned off.
I’ve got pictures of it from above and from when I purchased but I’ll get some without the pump shortly for you
6b938b3dacd4f53188c1772305d2360c.jpeg
 
It's a stunning clam, however it looks a lot like a Squamosa. I could definitely be wrong. Either way it is a wonderful acquisition.
 
The clam resembles a Blue Squamosa, which is a rather expensive Tridacna.
 
Love the calm! Maybe one day I will put one in my tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new