My first tank Fluval flex 32.5g

K2739

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm new to the hobby and this is my first ever tank. I thought about getting a tropical setup as a trail to begin with, but decided I'd be better off going straight into the world of marine tanks. I've spent roughly a year (probably longer) researching and deciding where to start.

Now onto the the bit everyone is really here for. So far I've got the following.

Fluval flex 32.5g
Juwel Rio 180l cabinet
4 stage rodi unit
Aquaforest 18kg dry rock
CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Live Sand (20lb)
Fluval T-Series T200 Electronic Heater
Sicce Syncra 1.5 Aquarium Pump
Red Sea Salt 22Kg
API Saltwater Master Test Kit (disappointing)
Dr Tims Ammonium Chloride
Dr Tims one and only
Water containers
Garden bin for mixing
Fluval T-Series T100 Electronic Heater (for use when mixing saltwater)
AI Nero 3
AI Nero 5 (got this secondhand, was going to get another 3 but the price was too good to turn down)
Hanna Waterproof Salinity Tester
Hanna hr nitrate checker
Hanna ulr phosphate checker
Hanna alkalinity checker
Salifert ammonia test kit
Intank media basket x2
Filter floss
Activated carbon
Seachem matrix
Rowaphos (for future use)
Seachem Purigen (for future use)
Flipper nano algae magnet

I've also just purchased and awaiting delivery of a seneye reef unit. Been watching them on ebay and finally managed to grab one at a great price.

I've been cycling my tank for 21 days now after an issue with my first bottle of Dr Tims and the api test kit being unreliable. I've since used another bottle of Dr Timms and got some new test kits, everything seems to be on track now.

I'll upload some pictures either tonight or tomorrow, need to get my head down after a long night at work.

Sam

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm new to the hobby and this is my first ever tank. I thought about getting a tropical setup as a trail to begin with, but decided I'd be better off going straight into the world of marine tanks. I've spent roughly a year (probably longer) researching and deciding where to start.

Now onto the the bit everyone is really here for. So far I've got the following.

Fluval flex 32.5g
Juwel Rio 180l cabinet
4 stage rodi unit
Aquaforest 18kg dry rock
CaribSea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink Live Sand (20lb)
Fluval T-Series T200 Electronic Heater
Sicce Syncra 1.5 Aquarium Pump
Red Sea Salt 22Kg
API Saltwater Master Test Kit (disappointing)
Dr Tims Ammonium Chloride
Dr Tims one and only
Water containers
Garden bin for mixing
Fluval T-Series T100 Electronic Heater (for use when mixing saltwater)
AI Nero 3
AI Nero 5 (got this secondhand, was going to get another 3 but the price was too good to turn down)
Hanna Waterproof Salinity Tester
Hanna hr nitrate checker
Hanna ulr phosphate checker
Hanna alkalinity checker
Salifert ammonia test kit
Intank media basket x2
Filter floss
Activated carbon
Seachem matrix
Rowaphos (for future use)
Seachem Purigen (for future use)
Flipper nano algae magnet

I've also just purchased and awaiting delivery of a seneye reef unit. Been watching them on ebay and finally managed to grab one at a great price.

I've been cycling my tank for 21 days now after an issue with my first bottle of Dr Tims and the api test kit being unreliable. I've since used another bottle of Dr Timms and got some new test kits, everything seems to be on track now.

I'll upload some pictures either tonight or tomorrow, need to get my head down after a long night at work.

Sam
Can't wait to see photos!

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0287.jpeg Looks like you are setting up for success!

OP
OP
K2739

K2739

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my seneye unit! Looking forward to setting this up. I also ordered some lid risers to allow for better cable management and temperature control going into the summer.

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of pics of my scape. Going to give the back a good clean when I do a water change. Any recommendations for a glass cleaner?

Sam
20230529_204504.jpg
20230529_204411.jpg
I originally bought the Tunze scraper, but it cracked and became quickly useless.

after that, I bought these on Amazon, which are low cost and work great—if you don’t mind getting your hands in the tank.
Scraper

OP
OP
K2739

K2739

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally bought the Tunze scraper, but it cracked and became quickly useless.

after that, I bought these on Amazon, which are low cost and work great—if you don’t mind getting your hands in the tank.
Scraper
I bought a flipper nano, it's been working well even on the curved glass it's worked with the magnet and I haven't had to go dipping my hand in.

OP
OP
K2739

K2739

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to my lfs in Friday and couldn't resist the goby and pistol shrimp pair. They've found a rock to call home and are now making themselves comfortable. So fun to watch. Since my last update I also added 3 trochus snails.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back