My Flame Wrasse Pair

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these guys last week and let them settle in before taking picutres. They are VERY shy compared to other wrasse that i have had. The male came in a bit banged up with a bit of his tailfin missing. Regardless, they are out and about now and swimming with the other fish. Very pretty fish.

The male.

The female.

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them time, I have noticed most all wrasses are very very very timid until they get used to there surroundings. When I first got my original Wrasse he was always hiding and never free swimming now he is very bold. Swimming along side the tangs that are giants compared to him, its really cool. I just got a McKosters Fairy Wrasse but he has been hiding and I havent seen him since he was acclimated. I assume after a few weeks he will be out and about.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pair!! Don't worry they will get over being shy. Mine were out all over the place. Even when my hand is in the tank they stay out. Great addition - I wish you the best of luck with them.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how about an update, would love to know how they are doing? I hope all is well with them - I know you said the male was banged up, how's he doing?

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Pitcom how about an update?? I have had some real troubles with my flame wrasse pair, in fact I just lost the male while in QT. I would like to know how yours are doing. Maybe compare notes if you have had any health issues.

Thanks

OP
OP
Pitcom

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Pitcom how about an update?? I have had some real troubles with my flame wrasse pair, in fact I just lost the male while in QT. I would like to know how yours are doing. Maybe compare notes if you have had any health issues.

Thanks

My Flame Wrasse pair came in a little battered. These were the first expensive fish i've ordered and i wasnt very happy with their condition. The female had ick and the male had a piece of his tail bitten. They have done great in my tank. My cleaner wrasse took care of the ick and the male's tale is 100% filled back in. You can tell something happened to it because the spot where the hole was is clear instead of red. I'm sure that will change as time goes on though. They aren't afraid of my hand in the water at all, in fact i hold a frozen cube of blood worms in the water each night and they eat right out of my fingers.

I'm sorry to hear that you lost yours. These wrasse seem a bit more fragile than the others i keep in my tank. They are very, very skittish towards the other fish in the tank. Sorry i didnt reply sooner, i honestly didnt realize anyone replied to the thread.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang Patrick sorry to hear you lost one bro..... :(

Back