OP
Lunulata

Lunulata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's quite interesting. I might like to see some random rocks around or maybe a small curve out front or something. It almost looks too high to me. My eye needs something else either underneath or in front or something. Neat idea though. [emoji4] Beautiful corals!
I have a very flat piece in the right front corner, on the first side (before and after pic) you see it.
But again, very flat not to disturb the look of the "floatingness" (wordcreation off :D)
In front of that piece is my Tridacna Maxima loctated, which likes the spot very much :)

OP
OP
Lunulata

Lunulata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks cool can you get some light under the shelf so you can grow some lps under it?
in the front, there are my Orphek v2.1 which are in an angle towards the center... This way I have a bit more light under the plate... it works great. Under the plate, I thought having some suncorals :)

OP
OP
Lunulata

Lunulata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow man. This looks so awesome. How long have you had grow your sps pieces? Do you have any problem with one stings the others? Thank you. Again awesome tank and very original.

Hi :)
most of them came in all in one 1,5month ago. Tank is running 6mt now, I had a few frags and things in there right after I started. But has been so busy at work so I let the tank alone. After a while I was unsatisfied and decided filling up finally. That was the time I ordered two boxes of SPS. :D
Now back to happy mode again :D

OP
OP
Lunulata

Lunulata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahhh and sticking together wasnt a problem by now...getting to that point soon I guess :D will need to do a lot of fragging, or let them grow into each other. We will see...

I will post some impressions from time to time. Also, after so many people ask how I did this (mainly on Facebook) I will do a short film about it. But that will take some time I guess :D

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
totally understand you :)
tastes are different and this is how it should be...otherwise we would all have the same tanks. I really wanted to hear opinions, there are always cons about something. I always looking for constructive contra to improve myself :)

For me it's a little flat. I see you have some pieces underneath but the top is very straight and the old saying "there are no straight lines in nature" makes it look a little odd to my eye. Saying that when the corals grow I think that problem will take care of itself and perhaps the straightness helps you there. You could also grow some corals right on the edge outwards to hide the lines.

A very positive thing is that you will probably have the happiest lionfish kept in an aquarium with that scape. Bet it loves hanging out under the ledge.

Debacle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. Any problems with Phosphates leeching from the clay or did the firing process burn out any impurities? And is it basically one solid piece or can it be taken apart in sections?

OP
OP
Lunulata

Lunulata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi :)

this reef ceramic is engineered and improved for more than 10 years now.
You dont want bad things to leak.

High Po4 is not a problem at all... the opposite is the case, limitation. With the product out of this material, we usually see very low nutrition, due to the high porosity. Attached you see a picture with a cut trough the material. That means a high surface for bacteria to live on. No No3 as well as Po4, some of the customers even dose nutrition :)

I put them in as modules and fit them togheter with reef bond and a little gravel of the reef ceramic. It was not one whole piece.

IMG_4442.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back