My New Cade PR 600

Abunadeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased Kessil Mounting Arm. Think I can get extension for this as well (per LFSSo
I purchased Kessil Mounting Arm. Think I can get extension for this as well (per LFS)...
You don’t mind having the ato top open i’m getting the same tank I was thinking I’ll probably use a Dremel to cut a notch for my lights another question how is the clarity of the tank I was trying to compare it with a waterbox ur tank looks awesome keep us posted

OP
OP
A

Amandajb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say that I'm super happy about it, but I may eventually hang so not going there yet :). If I don't hang, I may cut out as well or have something custom made.

As for clarity, it is incredible, even when I need to clean my glass. I can't compare to waterbox, but when I visit LFS, can now tell a diff. One LFS also has a Cade so can compare there also and definitely major diff (just not sure what I'm comparing it against).

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I know this thread is older, but I'm looking into getting a Cade Pro Reef 600 and was hoping you could answer some questions for me. I don't have a lot of room in the place I have planned for the aquarium - it pretty much will just fit. The right side will be up against a wall. I could probably move it away from the wall a few inches, but not much more than that. How much room will I need to get into the cabinet on the right to reach the power switches? Is that all that is over there, or do you think I will need to be able to get into there more than just a few inches?

Also, I know these tanks have a lower weir. I'm still trying to figure out how sumps work, but I thought if the power goes off and your pump stops working, the water will drain back into the sump. I'm thinking it will only drain until it reaches below the level of the weir, which in most set ups is up top. If the Cade has a lower weir, what's to stop the whole tank from draining out on your floor?

Thanks for any help you can give on this! I'm new at this reefing stuff and trying to figure things out before I decide on a tank. I'm also looking at the Red Sea 200XL, but the Cade just looks so much nicer and is a bit bigger as well.

OP
OP
A

Amandajb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I know this thread is older, but I'm looking into getting a Cade Pro Reef 600 and was hoping you could answer some questions for me. I don't have a lot of room in the place I have planned for the aquarium - it pretty much will just fit. The right side will be up against a wall. I could probably move it away from the wall a few inches, but not much more than that. How much room will I need to get into the cabinet on the right to reach the power switches? Is that all that is over there, or do you think I will need to be able to get into there more than just a few inches?

Also, I know these tanks have a lower weir. I'm still trying to figure out how sumps work, but I thought if the power goes off and your pump stops working, the water will drain back into the sump. I'm thinking it will only drain until it reaches below the level of the weir, which in most set ups is up top. If the Cade has a lower weir, what's to stop the whole tank from draining out on your floor?

Thanks for any help you can give on this! I'm new at this reefing stuff and trying to figure things out before I decide on a tank. I'm also looking at the Red Sea 200XL, but the Cade just looks so much nicer and is a bit bigger as well.
Hi, I didn't have a lot of room either so know completely understand! I won this aquarium from Algae barn last year and it was for the Cade 900. I had to ask them to downgrade for me, but if they weren't able too - I would have made the 900 fit somewhere without being able to open doors .

Nothing on the right is needed/required. I ultimately bought the Apex for my system, so I am now only using these switches for a second heater and sump light. My apex energy bar is in a media cabinet next to tank and I found I like having the extra room to manage better (cords that come with pumps, heater, light, etc. are very long). I do use the board for my controllers, which I do like, but not a requirement. I have average size female hands and can reach back switches with door open about 4 inches, front can squeeze in about 2.

For plumbing... I'm not smart enough to know how it all works :), but this was one of my big concerns and reason I stopped hobby 20 years ago after my sump overflowed from power outage while at work. Currently, I turn off my entire tank to do water changes and my return pump daily to feed. It will siphon from the return a little bit (not the intake or weir) but does not overflow sump or come close to it.

I hope this helps, when I was looking for new tank (pre-contest), having more Cade 600 info. out there would of been incredibly helpful. The Cade support at Algae Barn is also the best, they were ultimately able to help me with anything I could not find online.

All and all, gorgeous solid tank!!

OP
OP
A

Amandajb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here are a couple pics of door (min opening to access switch), intake and one of my controllers I have been to lazy to move

Attachments

• 6465B811-5341-47B7-B904-10F91F3109E9.jpeg
    6465B811-5341-47B7-B904-10F91F3109E9.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 8F0C3471-50B0-44CE-8FF8-D5823BD0F20F.jpeg
    8F0C3471-50B0-44CE-8FF8-D5823BD0F20F.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 5BBFC841-1BD4-4A6B-B5D8-0BC290F9B2CD.jpeg
    5BBFC841-1BD4-4A6B-B5D8-0BC290F9B2CD.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 92

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I didn't have a lot of room either so know completely understand! I won this aquarium from Algae barn last year and it was for the Cade 900. I had to ask them to downgrade for me, but if they weren't able too - I would have made the 900 fit somewhere without being able to open doors .

Nothing on the right is needed/required. I ultimately bought the Apex for my system, so I am now only using these switches for a second heater and sump light. My apex energy bar is in a media cabinet next to tank and I found I like having the extra room to manage better (cords that come with pumps, heater, light, etc. are very long). I do use the board for my controllers, which I do like, but not a requirement. I have average size female hands and can reach back switches with door open about 4 inches, front can squeeze in about 2.

For plumbing... I'm not smart enough to know how it all works :), but this was one of my big concerns and reason I stopped hobby 20 years ago after my sump overflowed from power outage while at work. Currently, I turn off my entire tank to do water changes and my return pump daily to feed. It will siphon from the return a little bit (not the intake or weir) but does not overflow sump or come close to it.

I hope this helps, when I was looking for new tank (pre-contest), having more Cade 600 info. out there would of been incredibly helpful. The Cade support at Algae Barn is also the best, they were ultimately able to help me with anything I could not find online.

Thanks so much for the info and pictures! I also haven't been able to find a whole lot of information about the Cade tanks but everything I've read has been positive!

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Oh and now that you've had it for awhile, is there anything you don't like about the tank or anything you wish were different?

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
cade600 plumbing.jpg

Thanks so much for the info and pictures! I also haven't been able to find a whole lot of information about the Cade tanks but everything I've read has been positive!
We would be happy to help you with any questions you may have about CADE aquariums. WE included a picture of the plumbing for the 600 S2 to hopefully give you a better idea on why it wouldn't drain from the lower weir when you turn the pump off for maintenance or if you were to lose power. You would likely only need 6 inches to easily gain access to your power management and flip[ switches on/off :)

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cade600 plumbing.jpg

We would be happy to help you with any questions you may have about CADE aquariums. WE included a picture of the plumbing for the 600 S2 to hopefully give you a better idea on why it wouldn't drain from the lower weir when you turn the pump off for maintenance or if you were to lose power. You would likely only need 6 inches to easily gain access to your power management and flip[ switches on/off :)
Thanks for the diagram! Do you ever have any sales on these tanks? Price is also a consideration. I'm also looking at the Red Sea 200 XL and it's quite a bit cheaper than the Cade.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the diagram! Do you ever have any sales on these tanks? Price is also a consideration. I'm also looking at the Red Sea 200 XL and it's quite a bit cheaper than the Cade.
CADE cabinets are created using materials that are 100% waterproof (Even the magnetic door closes are hidden inside the framework to prevent them from corroding) , Controller Management area with power on/off switches, a shelf for items such as a dosing pump (and this area also provides space to neatly manage power cables that connect to the internal plugs on the Power Distribution Unit), and industrial grade adjustable caster feet for leveling. It also has a built in 3.5 gallon reservoir :)

While we do not usually have sales on the tanks, we do have deals that include promotional items. A deal that just ended last month included a tank starter kit- sand, different types/shapes of rock, salt, and an aquarium cycle kit.

OP
OP
A

Amandajb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and now that you've had it for awhile, is there anything you don't like about the tank or anything you wish were different?
Nope, still super happy! Honestly can’t think of anything else I could ask for, it’s perfect for me. The clarity of the tank is incredible and receive compliments from everyone! I also have zero plumbing skills so the xtra reactor feeds are a major bonus for me… Im getting ready to put in UV Sterilizer, if didnt have this, would not be able. Here is current pic., it’s kind of a mess… need to clean my glass and take one when not so blue!

Attachments

• 5D44E350-5946-4DFC-A7F4-9658C3D11FD2.jpeg
    5D44E350-5946-4DFC-A7F4-9658C3D11FD2.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 104

Seachelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is beautiful! I can't wait to get mine! Did you ever put in a UV sterilizer? I got one, but didn't realize it would be so big! I'm not sure I'm going to have space to fit it in there. I was thinking I want to do a refugium at some point. Do you think there's room in this sump for one? Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
A

Amandajb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I still need to get more pics up, I don’t know how people get such good pictures of their tanks. I need to google :).

I have not installed my UV yet… I bought apex flow sensor for it and that changed my install plan. I do really need too as my luck it won’t work and too late to exchange. I bought the Aqua ultraviolet 15 watt. Size will work, but yes bulky :). Plan may change, but holding it up, looks like my wall behind tank, middle sump will work perfectly.

As far as refugium goes, initially this was a must because I have a mandarin. I spent a lot of money trying to get it going and finally gave up.Chaeto wasn’t growing and sump was a mess algae from running light. I think my ultimate failure was bad light and I may try again. I have a huge skimmer, regal octo 150 space saver. This left me with about 5” in front or next to it. Started with baffles (bought off Amazon, if interested could provide info). This actually worked pretty good, have tunze eco fuge light and the baffles kept light just in fudge area. Best part, when I opened my cabinets, could see swarms of pods. Used suction cup clips to keep in place, so as easy to adjust and let in more flow also. Problem I had was Chaeto escaping into tank if I increased flow. So.. bought CPR in-tank refugium with pump. This is worked pretty good, Chaeto did not die, but did not grow. If I am to do over, would go back to baffles, better light and use Aquamesh to stop from going into return. I may even remove my media baskets and try in this area.

With all that said…. I’m excited for u! I hope u do a build so I can follow

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back