my thermometer is confusing me.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ballyhoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ballyhoo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
840
Reaction score
228
Location
san diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80°F is 26.67°C. But with my thermometer I'm always thinking my water is too hot because I'm reading on the Fahrenheit side. on the Celsius side seems fine. 80° on this thermometer seems to refer right through 24 Celsius. So how is it? I'm not understanding this first grade thermometer? it seems to me to be reading both 24 C and 80°. Obviously not corresponding.

IMG_6576.jpeg
 
NVM. i misread the Celsius. my tank is hot and i don't know why i even turned off the heater. my air conditioners turned on 76° and I certainly don't feel warm.
 
80°F is 26.67°C. But with my thermometer I'm always thinking my water is too hot because I'm reading on the Fahrenheit side. on the Celsius side seems fine. 80° on this thermometer seems to refer right through 24 Celsius. So how is it? I'm not understanding this first grade thermometer? it seems to me to be reading both 24 C and 80°. Obviously not corresponding.

IMG_6576.jpeg
The 80 degree line matches up with 27 Celsius
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new