my trip to a small FL aqua farm

BluegrassReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
0
Location
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wanted to post up some pics from my vacation to FL....I got to check out a small but really nice aqua farm in Destin,Fl at the Gulfarium....They are super nice and have great prices...all the frags were $10...and the colonies were nicely priced as well none over $85 except the acans.Some of them were as big as dinner plates..most were the size of saucers.

If I had a tank up and running I could have spent a fortune....:bigsmile: but we do that anyways.:bigsmile:

Enough jabber on with the pics:

florida090.jpg

florida091.jpg

florida092.jpg

florida093.jpg

florida094.jpg

florida095.jpg

florida096.jpg

florida097.jpg

florida098.jpg

florida099.jpg

florida100.jpg

florida101.jpg

florida102.jpg
 
few more pics

The SPS tank just had a good cleaning so the frags are a little dirty from deterius being stirred but the were super nice in person all with great color.

there tanks are partially filtered with NSW and the rest with ro/di system....they also use Crystal sea salt...I think that was the name...they had a really good price on it as well...$35 for a 150g box....the guy told me it was the only salt mix FDA approved and it was super stable...you would have to dose a little but all in all it was a great salt...I was gonna pick up a box but forgot my wallet and didn't get a chance to make it back before we left.

florida103.jpg

florida104.jpg

florida105.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new