my upgrade journal/journey

yes it is. just have to finish gluing a little more than im done and read for water!
All my tanks I bought were pre plumbed. I plumbed my first tank a few weeks ago. My suggestion is make sure that before you glue you push the pipes all the way in the fittings. I had everything cut and measured perfectly. When I started to glue some parts started to come up short because even though I prefit them, I could have pushed them in more tightly. That glue sets almost instantly and once it is glued there’s no taking it apart again. Use lots of unions as well. :) good luck!
 
that describes what happened to me exactly!! i double checked everything like 6 times! put it all back together over and over and one of the pipes is just a little too long 😭 . i think thats what happened. i didnt push it in the whole way when i glued it. so now i have to cut it🥺
 
that describes what happened to me exactly!! i double checked everything like 6 times! put it all back together over and over and one of the pipes is just a little too long 😭 . i think thats what happened. i didnt push it in the whole way when i glued it. so now i have to cut it🥺
The secret is measuring the depth of the sockets, and adding that to the cut length… — also, chamfer your cut ends!

Then, try to rotate the pipe 1/4 turn as you are pushing it into the fitting to help ensure that it’s fully seated…

In this case; I usually just shorten the pipe and use a straight coupler if I don’t want to rebuild the entire segment of plumbing!
 
hows your new set up @Remi ? everything still going good?
Hi Jill, I am on holidays so I am checking only a bit morning and night with the camera. Corals seems open, I will check once I am back. Hope everything is going great on the new setup and impatient to see it full of life.

I forget, congratulations for the POTM.
 
Last edited:
I do have two. They are consummate diggers, but I designed my aquascape with them in mind. Everything is built atop flat bottomed base rock to prevent collapse. You will have a constant haze in your WC from suspended particulate, but your sandbed will be pristine. Lol
 
ok. just got done changing every single filter on my rodi system. now ill remeber when i changed them since i recorded it here! i even changed the one on top that supposedly you dont hardly ever need to change. now running water thru to flush it out. how long do you guys let yours run until you feel comfortable using it?
@UncommonSense , i dont remember what all you asked about my system, but im not sure on the age. its several years old. a BRS 75 special. and i had added that top filter thing that is supposed to aid in reducing waste water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new