My Zoa & Paly System

aandfsoccr04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

And if you could find a link or something, I would love to know more. To the best of my knowledge, I the only person whom takes this approach to aquascape, but I could certainly be wrong ;)

It was on reefcentral, and a pretty old thread. Wish I could find it again without scrolling back too much. Either way, this tank looks like fun! I'm a bit curious as to how the zoas will grow as they encrust downward. Will they have to stretch more for light since the ones above them might shade them out?

The tank you are thinking of was a guy by the name of Neal out of CT. His screen name on reef central was Pallobi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was on reefcentral, and a pretty old thread. Wish I could find it again without scrolling back too much. Either way, this tank looks like fun! I'm a bit curious as to how the zoas will grow as they encrust downward. Will they have to stretch more for light since the ones above them might shade them out?

thats cool man, no worries. if it was at least a few years old, im thinking it was one of my old threads. i have a different screen name there ;)

im thinking that as long as there isnt any real lack of light, they should just mold down until they hit the bottom. if that ever happens... ive had ones in the past grow down 6 or 7 tiles (2 inches), and never reached out the sides... only time will tell... and thats if im fortunate enough to succeed that far, lol

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would look cool too with frogspawns, torches and hammers!

i agree, and i have thought about something like that along the sides or back corners as well... something that doesnt require a ton of light, but would really mix things up... maybe down the road when i get a bigger tank.. again, if i make it that far :)

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your setup! Very unique, and intriguing. I like the idea of a gsp carpet surrounding your towers. I am also interested in seeing how your polyps do with growing down the tiles away from the light. Keep posting pics and updates, I am subscribed!

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the interest.

Trying to setup a couple frag pack sorta buys from some fellow locals for the next week or two, to add some more ;)

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna lose some xmen, and possibly another one or two, but whatever...

Also, I added a juvenile purple tang today. So that is awesome. Sweet score too, got him for 65 bucks from a fellow member in the Boston area club I'm in (I'm in 3)... Also confirmed the acquisition of a deep blue 75g edge rimless in about 4 weeks when another local changes over to the upgrade they are now cycling. So that rocks, lol ;)

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting more zoas today :)

Nothing too special, but adding new morphs none the less, lol

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a few more Rastas, some joker palys, a different morph of "bam bams" than the ones I have, some la lakers that were kinda small, but fragged a while ago so thy are plenty healed, and another frag of Tubbs blues. I'll try to get a few LFS when I get home today :)

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took my skimmer offline for a couple weeks, or so, maybe less. I'm not comfortable with it and I'm going back to it today. Don't know what I was thinken, lol.

Tweaked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya Brian had me doing the same thing with turning it off, and I woke up in sweats thinking about it. lol

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya Brian had me doing the same thing with turning it off, and I woke up in sweats thinking about it. lol

Right dude... Lol. It stresses me. I've had too much past success having one. Can't change it up now just because. Came back to my senses lol

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got some filter gels for my iphone today. so i had to take a few more pics to test the difference. Im actually pretty happy with the results.

E8D8CFF5-1370-43EB-B814-ED09D93DCCF2_zpshdswd4oa.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some close ups that really show the difference with the gels. you can look back and see how much bluer the pics were.

3F9E177E-1B80-41A3-ADF3-A68F63EE853E_zpsyhwuhzic.jpg

41B1FF55-C2EA-4D74-BCA1-6AC7D1E90E46_zpsywlzjlyp.jpg

4F9B57B9-9996-4860-8D06-BEAF10D5332F_zpsnor2jvvg.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back