My Zoa & Paly System

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay the columns are back! Man i go on vacation an you do this! Thanks for posting it here. Forget the evil forum and move here lol. Can you post pics of your old setup to make everyone here drool please!

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay the columns are back! Man i go on vacation an you do this! Thanks for posting it here. Forget the evil forum and move here lol. Can you post pics of your old setup to make everyone here drool please!

I was waiting for you to chime in, lol. Your encouragement a while back got me wanting to share.

I"ll see what I can do. Maybe do a reminisce post or two ;)

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and I went back to bare bottom ;)

Added a bunch of established live rock to my sump, and pulled the sand. Glad I did. Tweaked will be stoked too, lol.

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't much to look at but it's functional and simple. So here it is. I turned off the powerhead I keep in here for the pics. It's a simple maxijet.

Some people put a lot of work and effort into the function and presentation of their sump. I do not, lol.

E5A3D973-22E5-4F08-9140-FFF6873112D2_zps9nzcueqs.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I'm considering adding gfo reactor . Any thoughts on that? Anyone else use it for their zoa systems??

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My second addition of these. The others are also doing great. Got these today :)

4C488D5C-493D-42D2-BC11-7EEBFFC8BC44_zpsssefas09.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I went back to the UV. The dusty algae on the glass and times basically cleared up in a day. Still a little, but down about 90%. So I'm happy with that. It's not setup inline this time. Just have a mag 3 added to the sump running it passive with a ball valve open approximately halfway. I'm pleased. So I won't be considering gfo any longer. Though I do wana add a fuge if I can sustain macro.

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the most popular morph, but with the one above, my collection needed some green, lol. And as green is one of my favorite colors, I added a nice small colony of these as well ;)

25A6F226-4FE9-40FB-A786-7DAE6F5E3DDD_zpszv4oscla.jpg

OP
OP
S

Stomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am changing my lighting over to AI hydras that I ordered today, along with the new soft touch controller :)

I'll have them next week, looking forward to my new toy.

Tired off t5's and tryin to get the spectrum I want and buying bulbs and more bulbs.

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
again, these pics are just to show the filters and how they changed the pics. i really dig it. there isnt a whole lot new to add to the thread other than that, so i apoligize to all you big collectors out there, i just dont have alot to show right now, as my system is young and im collecting where i can, when i can. i really feel like my system is still stabilizing. no thanks to my indecisiveness, and inability to just leave things be, lol. but hopefully someday i will get there again.

and one more, these are quickly becoming an all time favorite of mine. i really like them.

61F27DC9-1437-4853-A0DD-C81D545E12DC_zpshwxcvxou.jpg
Speckled Fire and Ice are one of my favorites as well. Bright, grow fast, and have great colors.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back