Mystery Shark Egg

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2020
Messages
64
Reaction score
198
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this shark egg at a local fish store I go to and they had the usual Brown Banded Bamboo shark egg, but next to it was this egg and it's about double the size, same color, same transparency (so almost impossible to see through unless you have a light), so of course the type of person I am, I got curious, so I bought it.. I have no idea what it is. To me at first I thought it was a Zebra/leopard shark egg but then I realized that it might not be big enough, then I thought it was a Nurse shark egg... but Nurse sharks are ovoviviparous so the shark should already be fully formed with just yolk..? I just need some answers before I get stuck either a shark too big for me or a shark that won't be suitable with my other tank mates.

IMG_5344.jpg IMG_5345.jpg
 
Did it come in with the other banded bamboo shark egg(s)?

You could always hatch it out, and then ask for ID post-hatching, then rehome as necessary!

You could also candle the egg, and that might give a clue as to what the body shape is?
I didn't buy the banded, I've hatched two before didn't think it would be right to stress the little guy out if I was going to get rid of it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new