Mystery Shark Egg

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this shark egg at a local fish store I go to and they had the usual Brown Banded Bamboo shark egg, but next to it was this egg and it's about double the size, same color, same transparency (so almost impossible to see through unless you have a light), so of course the type of person I am, I got curious, so I bought it.. I have no idea what it is. To me at first I thought it was a Zebra/leopard shark egg but then I realized that it might not be big enough, then I thought it was a Nurse shark egg... but Nurse sharks are ovoviviparous so the shark should already be fully formed with just yolk..? I just need some answers before I get stuck either a shark too big for me or a shark that won't be suitable with my other tank mates.

IMG_5344.jpg IMG_5345.jpg

OP
OP
Sean's ExoticTropics

Sean's ExoticTropics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did it come in with the other banded bamboo shark egg(s)?

You could always hatch it out, and then ask for ID post-hatching, then rehome as necessary!

You could also candle the egg, and that might give a clue as to what the body shape is?
I didn't buy the banded, I've hatched two before didn't think it would be right to stress the little guy out if I was going to get rid of it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.8%
Back