Mystery white stuff

Noob_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this started appearing only on the digitatas a bit ago. My red Monti cap is fine and a bubble digi is fine as well. It has only appeared on this piece and a couple other digitata near the sand bed. The stuff doesn't move and goes away after a couple days. The tissue then heals back over again. I'm stumped on what to do any help or insight will be appreciated

20210405_122850.jpg

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine had a very similar issue on one of his acro colonies... He limited it down to a possibility of an infection/bacteria.. Not to sure what it could be but I would try and look into the possibility of it being a bacteria of some sort..

If you have an instagram shoot him a message his profile name is Northwest_Nano ! He is a really helpful reefer and has a stunning waterbox sps dominate system! Best of luck!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thought I had was coral warfare. Do you have corals (LPS are known for this) close by that could be putting out sweeper tentacles at night, stinging this coral?

OP
OP
Noob_reefer

Noob_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first thought I had was coral warfare. Do you have corals (LPS are known for this) close by that could be putting out sweeper tentacles at night, stinging this coral?
So near that piece I have a garf bonsai and spongodes that are constantly killing each other and sliming. Could this be a possible culprit? All my LPS are on the bottom and pretty well separated.

OP
OP
Noob_reefer

Noob_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine had a very similar issue on one of his acro colonies... He limited it down to a possibility of an infection/bacteria.. Not to sure what it could be but I would try and look into the possibility of it being a bacteria of some sort..

If you have an instagram shoot him a message his profile name is Northwest_Nano ! He is a really helpful reefer and has a stunning waterbox sps dominate system! Best of luck!
Thank you I'll definitely shoot him a dm later when I've gotten more responses

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back