Née

Nemo0729

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I just setup my first saltwater tank (90 gallon) and purchased a Kessil AP9X light. I am also a beginner to the tropical fish world. I have been trying to figure out the best schedule for my coral. I love the coral and want to get the best results. I have the following coral (listed below) Can anyone please help me figure out the best lighting intensity/schedule? Thank you!

Frogspawn
Duncan coral
Emerald green coral
Zoe coral
Tree coral

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my lighting going on for around 12 hours a day, it’s blues are intense for the first few hours and then it gradually changes into whites then after a few hours of white lights it goes back down into blues for around 4 hours and at 10pm the blues shut off and it goes very dim

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and hello.and welcome to r2r,here a quick video explaining what colours do what with led lights.
I personally only have t5's but with intention of getting some supplementry corals if get corals that demand more light and also to make the colours pop more.i have lights on for 11 hours.
If i was getting excess algae i would first be buying more cuc but possibly letting lights come on less hours.

OP
OP
N

Nemo0729

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my lighting going on for around 12 hours a day, it’s blues are intense for the first few hours and then it gradually changes into whites then after a few hours of white lights it goes back down into blues for around 4 hours and at 10pm the blues shut off and it goes very dim
Great! What intensity do you keep the lights at for blue and for white? Also did you alter the settings for violet, red, and green?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I have my nano set at with its lighting
AB918299-ECDC-4B99-A05E-B7FF616F7E3F.jpeg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 111 77.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back