Nano ideas

Reefbeard89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!! I have this 10 gallon half moon aquarium. I'd like to do a nice nano reef!! I need ideas!! Themes, corals, aquascape, gear, etc. Throw me all your ideas!! Especially sps dominant ideas since I'm sorta leaning that way right now but I'm open to hear anything!! This is a more vertical setup.

20220116_100741.jpg 20220116_100734.jpg

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a single species SPS with like one or two tiny fish. You wouldn't even necessarily need rock. All SPS with two tiny fish that will hang out in the water column and a scarlet hermit. I am thinking something that will encrust the entire bottom but also branching with some longer polyps for a bit of movement. A nice Kessil 160 up top with some soft subtle backlighting to add some depth through the semi translucent frosted vinyl that you are going to put on the back panel. Oh also closed loop, you dont want any pumps in there.

Heart GIF

OP
OP
Reefbeard89

Reefbeard89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a single species SPS with like one or two tiny fish. You wouldn't even necessarily need rock. All SPS with two tiny fish that will hang out in the water column and a scarlet hermit. I am thinking something that will encrust the entire bottom but also branching with some longer polyps for a bit of movement. A nice Kessil 160 up top with some soft subtle backlighting to add some depth through the semi translucent frosted vinyl that you are going to put on the back panel. Oh also closed loop, you dont want any pumps in there.

Heart GIF
I was kinda thinking of maybe doing like Montipora or acro!! If I put a fish in there it would be a cleaner goby, coral croucher/clown goby. I definitely would like an algae eating team to help keep it clean, that glass will be a little bit of a bear to clean. Yes to backlighting!!!

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kinda thinking of maybe doing like Montipora or acro!! If I put a fish in there it would be a cleaner goby, coral croucher/clown goby. I definitely would like an algae eating team to help keep it clean, that glass will be a little bit of a bear to clean. Yes to backlighting!!!
Clown gobies live in pocillopora I believe, which would be a really cool habitat to have a nice pocky and a clown goby chillin' in it!

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just picking out fish options and the coral croucher was already on the list... Great minds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefbeard89

Reefbeard89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just picking out fish options and the coral croucher was already on the list... Great minds.
Haha yess!! Also it is drilled, I'm assuming for overflow. I'd just have to figure out return. I'd love to make everything as invisible as possible.

Sod Buster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple 3 stone stack with a ledge for a red scrolling montipora, green slimer and pink birdsnest up top? Drill in an external overflow, like a fijicube, use the bottom hole as a return. Tailspot for some comic relief and couple acans and flower anemones at the bottom.

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are goin with monti or sps, wouldn’t hurt to have a long lashed zoa or clove polyp or pipe organ if you don’t want fast growing, for movement. Tank also looks perfect for a tall gorgonian whip for that movement as well.

for fish I like the idea of low movement, darty fish. My current fav is the eviota black belly at biota right now. Love this fish and it is TINY so you can certainly keep more than 1 in the 10. Hardy too even tho tiny!

If it were my tank, I might turn that into a tall dwarf seahorse tank with featherdusters, but what a pain to take care of lol

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back