Nano power head/wave maker ?

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
3,145
Reaction score
928
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which brands of power heads and wave maker would you suggest for our 29g Oceanic BioCube ?
Mixed reef.
Tunze's look too powerful.
 
50 views but not a reply. There has to be more nano keepers that are interested in wave makers & power heads for our small tanks ?
Come on boyz,.....anyone ?
 
I like the Koralia nano power heads and the Hydor smart wave pump controller. I have the 240 nano and I am getting another one to replace and old hagan that I have in the tank. You can get both pumps and the controller for around 100 bucks on ebay. For your 29 you might want to step up to the next size pumps though. I think the next size up is a 420 gph.
 
I did check it and the 425 pump out and it looks good.
How do the Koralia pumps handle the on/off cycle, any clicking noise that scare fish and,...us etc ?
 
The pumps are very quiet and have a soft start so they don't make any noises or cavitate when they turn on and power up. The flow on them also seems like it is more evenly distributed than older power heads which are very directional. They aren't as nice as vortechs or jabeos as far as programability but my corals seem to love them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new