Nano Skimmers?

ziggy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
141
Reaction score
1
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you use to skim your nano tanks? I have a 24 gallon Aquapod and I purchased a Sapphire nano skimmer for it. I just find that it is soo loud on my tank and that the water has to be down so low creates even more noise. Any one have ideas to quiet it down? My nano is in the bedroom, which is the only reason I am trying to keep the noise down at night.
 
On a tank that size bi-weekly water changes should be enough without a skimmer.
JMO
 
Water changes should suffice, but it can't hurt to run if you're getting any kind of foam head building up... this means that it is doing something, which of course is better than nothing!

Maybe check out the nano board website as they have all kinds of crazy mods for the Sapphire skimmers. I'm sure someone knows how to quiet it down.
 
Water changes should suffice, but it can't hurt to run if you're getting any kind of foam head building up... this means that it is doing something, which of course is better than nothing!
quote]

i agree with your statement.

try putting some filter matt to put underneath the skimmer, it may be the pump vivrating adainst the walls.
 
I have 2 24 gallone JBJ nano's with sapphire skimmers. Noise is not a problem, I have the air line pinched off. I don't know if that make a difference.
 
On my 25 gallon anemone tank I use a modded cpr bak-pak. I think it's a great skimmer for the price. On my 29biocube I am using the Octopus BH 1000. It's only been six months, but it's a nice skimmer for the price, too. I like that the pump sits outside the tank and it comes with a silencer for the airline, too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new