Nauti Tank 75g Build

Gotcha, yeah the main purpose for the seal coat is to minimize the bubbles but honestly in this application where paint is going over it… I just don’t care about the bubbles much. Obviously if its extreme it could be a problem but Mainly just want to prevent leaks.

FYI: if you do get leaks just let it cure right as it sits if it cures in a bead then you can just tap with a hammer and it will come right off of concrete (this assumes you’re working in a bare concrete garage or something)
 
@Fish Styx i like the pump you recommended. Just one question though. How much can you dial the flow back? I would like to not have a pump running full bore haha

Also I contacted them to get a pump curve 😉
 
@Fish Styx i like the pump you recommended. Just one question though. How much can you dial the flow back? I would like to not have a pump running full bore haha

Also I contacted them to get a pump curve 😉
I run their largest as my return, and can dial it down to barely nothing.
 
Following! I also just got a 75g and this thread is good for ideas. I like the stand you've made so far.
Thanks for dropping in. Give me this weekend and im hoping the stand will be pretty close to done 🤞

Do you have a build thread?
 
Good morning folks! I have a couple things to attend to before tank things. Go to town for cheesecake stuff, make said cheesecake, & fix a fence. Then its tank stuff. @907_Reefer I’ll leave you with this sunrise pic, its just so ugly out here…
IMG_4689.jpeg
IMG_4688.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Soooo the black background came in this, lets call it an “appropriately sized box”
IMG_4692.jpeg

They could have fit 57 of these in this box. I thought it was funny so I shared it with you all.
Fighting the urge to get moderated.
 
Fighting the urge to get moderated.
Not entirely sure I get it. Unless you are suggesting I said something inappropriate and might receive repercussions?

Remember jokes are always funnier when you explain them.
 
I did not update this weekend, still chipping away at the stand build. I did not get where I wanted with it this past weekend due to easter activities but I did snap this pic from my back yard.
IMG_4706.jpeg
 
Last edited:
If you guys remember the picture I posted of my QT turned holding tank before, you may have noticed that there was a little bit of brown algea. At that point the tank had been through the QT regimen for about 2 months and the light had just been installed for about a week. Its kind-of hard to tell because the blue light was on at the time but you can see it clearly on the ammonia badge.
IMG_4672.jpeg


Now a couple weeks later, after only scraping the glass one time probably 10 days ago. Look at the tank now. Pretty much the only algae here is on the strainer for the HOB filter.
IMG_4731.jpeg

IMG_4730.jpeg

Granted there are some amphipods in there, but they have been in there the whole time so I’m not sure I could fully attribute the disappearance of the algae to them.
 
So over the weekend we had great weather here in Cheyenne, Wy so we spent a lot of time out side and I only put sunscreen on my face so my arms got a little pink and my neck a little more. Then when I woke up only the neck was red which is fitting because we spent some time pulling a make-shift plywood sled around the “yard” with my truck which was way overkill… My lawnmower would have done just fine lol but we were actively participating in some of the highest forms of redneckery and also diesel go berrruhruhruhruh!
IMG_4749.jpeg
IMG_4748.png
IMG_4747.jpeg
 
Then on Sunday we took the kids to the skate park and I found this picture among other things but this is the only thing I took a picture of because I have a friend named Patrick.
IMG_4734.jpeg
 
Alright, tank related content for the people that care about that stuff…
#Heathens could use some help with my stocking list, here is my wish list for the 75G:
-Marine beta
-bristletooth tang of some sort
-a few wrasses
•flasher harem, 3? (mccoskers or carpenters probably)
•yellow wrasse for pest/utility (Halichoeres chrysus) open to suggestions if there are better options.
•a leopard probably after a well established fuge
•a fairy if the tank is not too overstocked
-starry blenny
-Royal gramma
-green mandarin
-pair of ocelaris
-exquisite firefish
-pair of bangai cardinals?
—————————————
I also like these if for some reason some from the above list wont work or if that would not overstock the tank:
-YWG pistol shrimp pair
-canary blenny
-Tail spot blenny
-One spot foxface

Open to other ideas and I will keep an eye on stocking as I go, slowly because I have never had a rank this small before, previously have had 125g.
 
Alright, tank related content for the people that care about that stuff…
#Heathens could use some help with my stocking list, here is my wish list for the 75G:
-Marine beta
-bristletooth tang of some sort
-a few wrasses
•flasher harem, 3? (mccoskers or carpenters probably)
•yellow wrasse for pest/utility (Halichoeres chrysus) open to suggestions if there are better options.
•a leopard probably after a well established fuge
•a fairy if the tank is not too overstocked
-starry blenny
-Royal gramma
-green mandarin
-pair of ocelaris
-exquisite firefish
-pair of bangai cardinals?
—————————————
I also like these if for some reason some from the above list wont work or if that would not overstock the tank:
-YWG pistol shrimp pair
-canary blenny
-Tail spot blenny
-One spot foxface

Open to other ideas and I will keep an eye on stocking as I go, slowly because I have never had a rank this small before, previously have had 125g.
A Tomini would be fine in a 75. I'll let @Slocke chime in on the wrasses and in what quantity. Overall, I feel like the marine beta may be ambitious with that stocking list. It gets large and will eat anything that it can fit in it's mouth.
 
More tank related nonsense. I did actually make a bit of progress on my stand. The front and sides are skinned, the seal coat of epoxy done on the top. Got the leveling feet installed. Mostly ready for the flood coat to ensure a dead level and planar top.

As for inside… I have filleted all of the wood seams inside (as if building a boat and I am crossing an ocean in it?) to ensure maximum water resistance/waterproofedness because I am a ridiculous human.

Following the flood coat on the top and inside where the sump will go I can install the trim and paint. Cabinet doors will come later.
IMG_4735.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Alright, tank related content for the people that care about that stuff…
#Heathens could use some help with my stocking list, here is my wish list for the 75G:
-Marine beta
-bristletooth tang of some sort
-a few wrasses
•flasher harem, 3? (mccoskers or carpenters probably)
Go with different species. Flashers turn male and kill each other in a smaller tank.
•yellow wrasse for pest/utility (Halichoeres chrysus) open to suggestions if there are better options.
Radiant is similar and prettier, or cosmetus
Also thank you
Great Job GIF by Justin

•a leopard probably after a well established fuge
I'd say it's more important to get one early that is already eating tank food
•a fairy if the tank is not too overstocked
Same as flashers
IMG_5015.jpeg

-starry blenny
-Royal gramma
-green mandarin
-pair of ocelaris
-exquisite firefish
-pair of bangai cardinals?
—————————————
I also like these if for some reason some from the above list wont work or if that would not overstock the tank:
-YWG pistol shrimp pair
-canary blenny
-Tail spot blenny
-One spot foxface

Open to other ideas and I will keep an eye on stocking as I go, slowly because I have never had a rank this small before, previously have had 125g.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new