Nauti Tank 75g Build

A Tomini would be fine in a 75. I'll let @Slocke chime in on the wrasses and in what quantity. Overall, I feel like the marine beta may be ambitious with that stocking list. It gets large and will eat anything that it can fit in it's mouth.
I was afraid of that with the marine beta, liveaquaria says 55g but I have never seem a full grown one in person to know what would fit in its mouth. Either way I could double down on wrasses or something else entirely if there is room. If not, the list will just be trimmed 😁

Thanks for the input brother!
1745891011633.gif
 
Go with different species. Flashers turn male and kill each other in a smaller tank.

Radiant is similar and prettier, or cosmetus
Also thank you
Great Job GIF by Justin


I'd say it's more important to get one early that is already eating tank food

Same as flashers
IMG_5015.jpeg
Thats is a lot to digest, much appreciated though and I will follow up with questions soon..ish.. maybe tonight if wifey falls asleep early as she usually does and I can research.

Was the thank you just for wanting something that eats pests? Six lines are also pretty good at this but they have a tendency to be demons 😈 😂
 
I was afraid of that with the marine beta, liveaquaria says 55g but I have never seem a full grown one in person to know what would fit in its mouth. Either way I could double down on wrasses or something else entirely if there is room. If not, the list will just be trimmed 😁

Thanks for the input brother!
1745891011633.gif
I believe @danieyella has one. She may be able to chime in.
 
I was afraid of that with the marine beta, liveaquaria says 55g but I have never seem a full grown one in person to know what would fit in its mouth. Either way I could double down on wrasses or something else entirely if there is room. If not, the list will just be trimmed 😁

Thanks for the input brother!
1745891011633.gif
200.gif
 
I believe @danieyella has one. She may be able to chime in.
He is a perfect gentleman with all fish of all sizes. He eats everything shrimp like. No issues with crabs though....

Their mouths are massive though. For real. But he's honestly never once tried to eat a fish in the tank.
 
Alright, tank related content for the people that care about that stuff…
#Heathens could use some help with my stocking list, here is my wish list for the 75G:
-Marine beta
-bristletooth tang of some sort
-a few wrasses
•flasher harem, 3? (mccoskers or carpenters probably)
•yellow wrasse for pest/utility (Halichoeres chrysus) open to suggestions if there are better options.
•a leopard probably after a well established fuge
•a fairy if the tank is not too overstocked
-starry blenny
-Royal gramma
-green mandarin
-pair of ocelaris
-exquisite firefish
-pair of bangai cardinals?
—————————————
I also like these if for some reason some from the above list wont work or if that would not overstock the tank:
-YWG pistol shrimp pair
-canary blenny
-Tail spot blenny
-One spot foxface

Open to other ideas and I will keep an eye on stocking as I go, slowly because I have never had a rank this small before, previously have had 125g.
My 70 has a Leopard, Halichoeres leucoxanthus, and Halichoeres melanurus. I also opted for the Bicolor Foxface (because it's what I had). I've got a Tomini and a Starry Blenny, trio of Ocellaris, 4 PJ Cardinals (bigger and cheaper than Bangaii, not as pretty), 3 Blue Chromis, 2 Springeri Damsels, and some other stuff ...
 
He is a perfect gentleman with all fish of all sizes. He eats everything shrimp like. No issues with crabs though....

Their mouths are massive though. For real. But he's honestly never once tried to eat a fish in the tank.
Well, that's certainly.more than I can say for my engineer gobies.
 
Well, that's certainly.more than I can say for my engineer gobies.
Smallest fish in the tank with him currently are the springeri & randalls assessor. He's also lived with firefish with no issues. Honestly the assessor is smaller than the firefish though.
 
Roger, roger. Tis but a trivial matter to call something by its common name at least 🤣
He is a perfect gentleman with all fish of all sizes. He eats everything shrimp like. No issues with crabs though....

Their mouths are massive though. For real. But he's honestly never once tried to eat a fish in the tank.
I think I will Err on the side of caution and not get one. For now… planning on getting a mangrove/lagoon cube to tie in to the system at some point. Thanks for filling us in on your experience though 🙏
My 70 has a Leopard, Halichoeres leucoxanthus, and Halichoeres melanurus. I also opted for the Bicolor Foxface (because it's what I had). I've got a Tomini and a Starry Blenny, trio of Ocellaris, 4 PJ Cardinals (bigger and cheaper than Bangaii, not as pretty), 3 Blue Chromis, 2 Springeri Damsels, and some other stuff ...
You have me reconsidering a few Chrysiptera genus again. And/or maybe a one spot foxface as well… bad influence, not a bad thing Nautiness is encouraged ‘round these parts.
Well, that's certainly.more than I can say for my engineer gobies.
Perhaps I will look more into engineer gobies after I finish my homework from Mr. Locke. I have always been interested in them but never looked into them. Your experience would be appreciated though, I think you have mentioned that they help maintain your sand bed.
 
Roger, roger. Tis but a trivial matter to call something by its common name at least 🤣

I think I will Err on the side of caution and not get one. For now… planning on getting a mangrove/lagoon cube to tie in to the system at some point. Thanks for filling us in on your experience though 🙏

You have me reconsidering a few Chrysiptera genus again. And/or maybe a one spot foxface as well… bad influence, not a bad thing Nautiness is encouraged ‘round these parts.

Perhaps I will look more into engineer gobies after I finish my homework from Mr. Locke. I have always been interested in them but never looked into them. Your experience would be appreciated though, I think you have mentioned that they help maintain your sand bed.
They get very large very fast, and while they keep the sandbed turned over, they are responsible for a ton of fine particulate matter in the WC. Don't get me wrong, I do love them, but sometimes I love to hate them.
 
I also hear they're selling Blue Star Leopards (Captive Bred) on Amazon now!


Edit: It's the real link now, unlike the fish.
 
They get very large very fast, and while they keep the sandbed turned over, they are responsible for a ton of fine particulate matter in the WC. Don't get me wrong, I do love them, but sometimes I love to hate them.
I had so many problems with my engineers. They'd steal food from the mouths of other fish, bury my acanthophyllia & plates, capsize rockwork....
 
They get very large very fast, and while they keep the sandbed turned over, they are responsible for a ton of fine particulate matter in the WC. Don't get me wrong, I do love them, but sometimes I love to hate them.
I’ll probably pass for now, neat fish though.
I also hear they're selling Blue Star Leopards (Captive Bred) on Amazon now!


Edit: It's the real link now, unlike the fish.
You think these are not real? There are no reviews and some of the details are wonky, clownfish, etc.
If people are selling live fish on amazon thats wild! I wouldn’t trust them to deliver in a timely fashion…
I had so many problems with my engineers. They'd steal food from the mouths of other fish, bury my acanthophyllia & plates, capsize rockwork....
Thanks for letting us know, I will pass on one of for now.
 
***DISCLAIMER*** This is a wish list they will mot all make it in a 75G…

After finally “completing” my homework from @Slocke I will likely have a largely wrasse dominated stock list… I have always had a soft spot for them, my wife got me a pop socket for my phone that said “I like your wrasse” back in the day when I had my last tank. Anyway here is what I am thinking for now and this list will probably need to be trimmed or I will need to have the mangrove tank added to the system before adding all of them:
-Bristletooth tang
-one spot foxface
-2-3 Flasher wrasse of different species
-Halichoeres cosmetus
-Leopard Wrasse (potters or blue star)
-Fairy wrasse (number and final list TBD based on availability, see below chart for a semi guided list)
-starry blenny
-royal gramma
-green mandarin
-pair of ocelaris
-exquisite firefish
-bangai cardinals
-YWG/pistol shrimp pair
-canary blenny
-tail spot blenny

Slocke where do these one fall in the color scheme of the chart? Cirrhilabrus filamentosus and Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis

IMG_4765.jpeg
 
***DISCLAIMER*** This is a wish list they will mot all make it in a 75G…

After finally “completing” my homework from @Slocke I will likely have a largely wrasse dominated stock list… I have always had a soft spot for them, my wife got me a pop socket for my phone that said “I like your wrasse” back in the day when I had my last tank. Anyway here is what I am thinking for now and this list will probably need to be trimmed or I will need to have the mangrove tank added to the system before adding all of them:
-Bristletooth tang
-one spot foxface
-2-3 Flasher wrasse of different species
-Halichoeres cosmetus
-Leopard Wrasse (potters or blue star)
-Fairy wrasse (number and final list TBD based on availability, see below chart for a semi guided list)
-starry blenny
-royal gramma
-green mandarin
-pair of ocelaris
-exquisite firefish
-bangai cardinals
-YWG/pistol shrimp pair
-canary blenny
-tail spot blenny

Slocke where do these one fall in the color scheme of the chart? Cirrhilabrus filamentosus and Cirrhilabrus rubrisquamis

IMG_4765.jpeg
Not totally sure what you are asking but both are probably too big/aggressive for a 75
 
Not totally sure what you are asking but both are probably too big/aggressive for a 75
The aggression scale, according to Live aquaria the whip fin min tank size is 55. And the red velvet is 90 and maybe would make it into a future upgrade 😁
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new