need advice with 32g biocube

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i got myself a 32g biocube which i converted into a rimless setup ill upload some pictures, i wanted to know how much slow is required the main return pump is 275gph and my wave maker is 550gph where would be a good place to place the wave maker? the back wall or the side glass? not 100% sure also i got myself alot of BIG rock thats currently cycling but its really taken up way too much space in the tank was thinking of just hammering it down to smaller pieces i dont have any clear pictures yet do the the fact its 1st day cycling. generally thinking do i need alot of caves / hiding places?
also need advice on stocking the tank what exactly would be a nice fish set i got 2 clowns, scooter benny , watchman goby ATM that will go into the tank.

i will be adding biospira today to help with the cycling process how long will it take for the tank to be ready to transfer over corals / fish only no rocks or sand from previous " infested with hitchers "

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure everyone's setup is a little different. We are running a Icecap 1k rated at 1000 gph and just backed it off to 50%. We just up graded the return to the sicce 1.5 return rated at 357 gph. We have the Gyre sitting horizonally on the side, but we did have it on the back. You will probably be moving it some to find the sweet spot in your tank.

You might hit this link and look at the sticky threads, you might find some great scaping ideas.
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/aquascape-discussion.1028/

The fish you listed that you already have will work. A pistol shrimp would be a neat addition.

OP
OP
nightmarepl

nightmarepl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure everyone's setup is a little different. We are running a Icecap 1k rated at 1000 gph and just backed it off to 50%. We just up graded the return to the sicce 1.5 return rated at 357 gph. We have the Gyre sitting horizonally on the side, but we did have it on the back. You will probably be moving it some to find the sweet spot in your tank.

You might hit this link and look at the sticky threads, you might find some great scaping ideas.
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/aquascape-discussion.1028/

The fish you listed that you already have will work. A pistol shrimp would be a neat addition.
yah i have one hanging with the watchman atm was messing around with the rock cycling in the tank and the rock i got was from natures ocean or something rock really falls about easily and literally have a mud effect not sure what i should do

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back