Need Dimmer Control for T5 ballast

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an LET lighting retrofit kit, the Miro-4 T5 Dimmable Retrofit Kit. It is a dimmable ballast that runs two 25 watt T5 bulbs. I've wired it up fine and burned it for 50 hours.

Now I'm searching for a correct dimmer switch for this ballast, it suggests a 0-10V dimmer switch, it is a 120V ballast. It has two slots in the ballast for the dimmer, a plus and minus, no further instructions with the ballast or kit, refer to dimmer instructions.

I've gotten really confused with what to buy. Some look like they are wired in several other spots, some just have two wires, some say they are used with LED's. I just want a simple dial controller, no need to turn it on and off. The ballast will be plugged into a standard light timer.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any 0-10V DC analog source should work. note that, unless designed, chances are the ballst won't err "shut off" so still need a timer.
izt-1.jpg

Driver/ballast makes little difference really.

HTB156mmfr3nBKNjSZFMq6yUSFXav.jpg

0-10V ballasts utilize a total of four (4) wires. Two low-voltage leads are for ballast control and two line voltage leads wires are for ON/OFF power control.

Get more info from manuf btw..

Last edited:

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any 0-10V DC analog source should work. note that, unless designed, chances are the ballst won't err "shut off" so still need a timer.
izt-1.jpg

Driver/ballast makes little difference really.

HTB156mmfr3nBKNjSZFMq6yUSFXav.jpg

Get more info from manuf btw..
Familiar with any 0-10v controller that has a timer, digital or mech? Want to be able to program down to 60% at 6pm then 40% at 8 and so on. (I dont have apex )

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Familiar with any 0-10v controller that has a timer, digital or mech? Want to be able to program down to 60% at 6pm then 40% at 8 and so on. (I dont have apex )

well SORT of...
Most reasonable set ups use the cheaper and frankly more common 5V PWM controller and a secondary board to convert the 5V PWM to 0-10V analog..

As to out of the box ones.. Buildmyled made the Sonular controller which could do 10V analog dimming.
Current stuff like this is obviously very pricey.
(sorry weird amazon link to a $250 greenhouse timer)

Or find any 5V out PWM (Bluefish, Typhon, Hurricane, modded TC-420(421), Coralux Storm ect..and add a board like this:

There are probably a dozen of them around..
10V analog

Above is known to work even though it's technically out of spec of most controllers. i.e 1KHz minimum whreas most output 500Hz.
Also need a power supply > 12V to get 10V out even though it states its power range as 12-30V.
Reported max out w/ 12V in on the board is 9V.
(sorry I see the link is to an out of stock item BUT in stock same or similar are shown suggested..)

Aduino or Pi based controllers all use one if they need 10V analog out.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back