Need help identifying this please

JSnyder22

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2022
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
Location
Pennsylvania
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 cromis and a few other fish and I need help identifying this outbreak. All the fish are fine except these dang cromis. One got very bad very quickly I think it go hit by a shrimp bullet or cleaner. But the other one has weird markings on it and it’s got no red and doesn’t look like Uronema so any help would be appreciated. Waiting on dna test results so I can know for sure.

2C39205F-A4D1-4BCD-BEBB-970AA9AD78BD.jpeg 4376A326-2E6E-4D01-BBC6-6DCFFE50F33D.jpeg
 
I have 4 cromis and a few other fish and I need help identifying this outbreak. All the fish are fine except these dang cromis. One got very bad very quickly I think it go hit by a shrimp bullet or cleaner. But the other one has weird markings on it and it’s got no red and doesn’t look like Uronema so any help would be appreciated. Waiting on dna test results so I can know for sure.

2C39205F-A4D1-4BCD-BEBB-970AA9AD78BD.jpeg 4376A326-2E6E-4D01-BBC6-6DCFFE50F33D.jpeg
This looks like recital prolapse but would have liked to see rest of fish for any other symptoms
If you were feeding pellet foods exclusively, may have contributed to this as well as infection
 
I have 4 cromis and a few other fish and I need help identifying this outbreak. All the fish are fine except these dang cromis. One got very bad very quickly I think it go hit by a shrimp bullet or cleaner. But the other one has weird markings on it and it’s got no red and doesn’t look like Uronema so any help would be appreciated. Waiting on dna test results so I can know for sure.

2C39205F-A4D1-4BCD-BEBB-970AA9AD78BD.jpeg 4376A326-2E6E-4D01-BBC6-6DCFFE50F33D.jpeg
Uronema lesions are not always red. They can also show up in odd locations, like the vent here. The fish’s open mouth is a sign that it may have died from Uronema.
Jay
 
This looks like recital prolapse but would have liked to see rest of fish for any other symptoms
If you were feeding pellet foods exclusively, may have contributed to this as well as infection
I rarely feed pellets 1 day a week, Or so. It’s not puffed out it’s a hole like a clean thru looks like it was stabbed thru.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new