Need help, is my light too heavy

  • Thread starter Thread starter dvgyfresh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dvgyfresh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
5,446
Reaction score
9,563
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a orphek Natura on Waterbox 20G The light is 7 lbs and I am only using one bracket , I do have a bunch of glass protectors against the screws between the glass. Is this disaster waiting to happen?

IMG_2212.jpeg IMG_2210.jpeg
 
IMO - The glass thickness is 6 mm and it should be able to handle that load even with the leverage that occurs. If you are worried, you can glue a 5 mm plastic sheet or something similar to the outside of the rear window to make the construction more rigid - but I'm not a material designer - that's just what I think

Sincerely Lasse
 
@Troylee might be able to help you out!
 
Being that it’s behind the overflow that helps.. I think you’ll be fine.. the glass itself won’t give out but you’re adding extra pressure on the silicone joints but you got the overflow helping support those, so it all just kinda works lol..
 
Thanks all for helping me sleep a bit better lol
I am probly going with a different lighting solution but atleast I’ll know it’s ok until I can switch thanks again!!
 
Is it just me, or is that light super high over the tank?
It’s pretty high , testing out almost the highest the mount can go. It gets rid of any disco effect though and the lights are powerful enough to not matter, but yea the light bleed is very annoying / distracting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new