Need help setting up your GHL Doser 2.1?

Discussion in 'GHL Advanced Technology' started by Vinny@GHLUSA, Aug 8, 2016.

1. ShinyRobot

ShinyRobot Active Member R2R Supporter

Wouldn't you need to change your wifi settings each time you wanted to modify the doser though? I had to use an old Windows laptop we still had to set it up. Ever since though I can connect to the doser using GHL Control app. I have heard a new app is coming out, I'm hoping that it allows you to set up the wifi there directly.

2. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yes you do but it doesn’t take 3 seconds to do I did it like that for the first year I had mine it was never a big deal. I did a video on the new App.

TangingOut likes this.
  3. spartanman22

spartanman22 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I am having some troubles connecting my ghl doser to wifi and accessing through the GHL Control Center App. I had it working well for about a year, but since moving in May I have not been able to set it back up. Today I was finally able to get the wifi setup on the doser. The doser wouldn't show up in my connected devices page of my router, but it would connect through the GHL Control Center when I attempted to connect it. So, I reserved an IP address for the device. Even though I am able to connect to the doser wirelessly through my computer, I still can't get it to connect through the app. Any suggestions?

4. bigdbears54

bigdbears54 Member

Hello does anyone use the 2.1 slave unit?Slave unit will not configure pumps 5-8. I have seen many other people have this problem in other threads and forums and have not seen much on a solution other than the newest version of ghl control center does not work with slave 2.1 must use earlier version of control center but which version?I have version v1099 of ghl control center I believe which is the newest. Anyone help!

5. Jerel

Jerel Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

GHL is looking into the matter, but my Doser 2 slave works fine and has Firmware 1.19 and the latest GCC software.

6. bigdbears54

bigdbears54 Member

I wonder if if can just download older firmware on just my slave in system settings highlight slave.

7. Jerel

Jerel Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Are you having an issue with no communication or are the pump heads mirroring 1-5 heads?

8. bigdbears54

bigdbears54 Member

Yes mirroring could not configure pumps in the newest version of control center.

9. bigdbears54

bigdbears54 Member

Shout of to Vinny from GHL for responding to me so quickly even on a Saturday. Easy fix A+CUSTOMER SERVICE GHL!!

Jerel likes this.
  10. Narzyzz_12

Narzyzz_12 Well-Known Member

When is the app coming out?

11. reefwiser

reefwiser LMAS R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

In the November time frame was what they where saying at Macna. Of coarse it depends on if there are any bugs preventing it to be released.

12. afish4u

afish4u Active Member

Would like some ideas here. I can't get the gcc app to work anymore remotely . I have powered of my doser and restarted. I can connect via the Web page remotely, I can connect with the app in the house bUT when I leave wifi I can't connect with the app. Failure to connect.
    Doser ip doesn' appear to have changed

13. Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor Toys For Kids 2016

GHL Control app is for LOCAL use; within the range of your WiFi network.

If you need to access the doser outside of your network, use myGHL.

14. Whipples

Whipples Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I think you have to use myGHL if you are not on the network it is configured on. If you are using GHL Control I believe that only works when you are on the network the doser is on and myGHL is for remote access. I am not sure if the new GHL Connect app functions in a similar fashion but I imagine that is the problem you are running in to?

Draft saved Draft deleted