Need help setting up your GHL Doser?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone use myghl to connect the doser after the app update? Mine start not working since yesterday
Mine connects to the GHL connect app but not myghl. I updated my firmware to 1.30 and still no luck connecting to myghl. Everytime GHL does an update it seems to break something. Getting fed up with this dosing pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spent tons of money on supposedly the best of the best and so far I'm not impressed. My blue caps have had broken fragments causing the rollers to jam in less than a year and a half use. GHL get it together or lose customers. Lots of bad talk going around.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine connects to the GHL connect app but not myghl. I updated my firmware to 1.30 and still no luck connecting to myghl. Everytime GHL does an update it seems to break something. Getting fed up with this dosing pump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is my problem... :/

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect yesterday but the speed is very slow. And today I could not connect anymore. The doser is blinking blue light so it should be connected with my ghl cloud.

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marco@GHLUSA

Hi Marco, is there something going on with myghl cloud or just mine device? It blinking blue and I can ping and connect with Wi-Fi. However, I was not able to connect with myghl cloud after the app update. I get it connect twice but it drop and the information is very slow. Thanks

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I'm aware. What's the firmware version of your doser?
Helped a customer earlier who had connectivity issues, he was on v1.24 (a year old) - this version seemed to have some trouble.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Marco@GHLUSA

Hi Marco, is there something going on with myghl cloud or just mine device? It blinking blue and I can ping and connect with Wi-Fi. However, I was not able to connect with myghl cloud after the app update. I get it connect twice but it drop and the information is very slow. Thanks

I can't get mine to link with my myGHL at all so you've got one up on me

Kevinkmk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I'm aware. What's the firmware version of your doser?
Helped a customer earlier who had connectivity issues, he was on v1.24 (a year old) - this version seemed to have some trouble.
It’s 1.30. It was working for a month with myghl. Then the day after the app update, it won’t connect

Scubabum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to apologize to GHL for the comment I left above. I was very frustrated when I left this comment. My blue caps did break, jamming the rollers and GHL did come through and replaced them under warranty. I'm also unable to connect to MyGhl but connects perfect on the GHL connect app. I'm on Firmware 1.30. Prior to the app update I was able to connect on both. Edit.......Just checked this morning and I'm able to connect again.

Last edited:

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't hook my doser up and now I get no response from my open ticket on ghl website. Sucks I have an expensive doser and cannot use and get no help with but links to you tube.

smilinteddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to set up my doser 2.1 via WiFi on my smartphone but it won't show up in my WiFi networks and it is flashing white led which indicates it is trying to connect to myghl which I haven't set up yet?

Is there a way to set it up without a PC? I only have a chrome book, hence why I was trying to set it up with my smart phone.

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. They point you to the videos on how to then ignore you. Same boat as you are in

Weevo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. They point you to the videos on how to then ignore you

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to set up my doser 2.1 via WiFi on my smartphone but it won't show up in my WiFi networks and it is flashing white led which indicates it is trying to connect to myghl which I haven't set up yet?

Is there a way to set it up without a PC? I only have a chrome book, hence why I was trying to set it up with my smart phone.

Is this a new doser? If it is not you will need a PC. You may be able to factory reset the doser by putting a ticket in with GHL.

By default the hotspot should be on. When I first did mine I unjoined my network and reset the WiFi doser while my phone was next to it. Took about 30-45 seconds before GHL hotspot doser network appeared.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the SA doser has it's wifi hot spot turned on and you will have to look for it in the settings of your phone to connect to it.
Then you can use the GHL Connect app to add the doser. I ran mine that way when I first got the original Doser 2 SA 5 years ago.
Then I bought all the rest of the equipment. As since I use a Mac I have a bootcamp section set up on my mac for windows with GCC installed.

smilinteddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a new doser? If it is not you will need a PC. You may be able to factory reset the doser by putting a ticket in with GHL.

By default the hotspot should be on. When I first did mine I unjoined my network and reset the WiFi doser while my phone was next to it. Took about 30-45 seconds before GHL hotspot doser network appeared.
It's not a new doser. I bought it used from another reefer. I may need to borrow a laptop to access it via PC.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, if they turned off the hotspot you will not be able to join it with your phone. I would also open up a support ticket and ask can you factory reset the unit.

Back