Need help stocking tank

LeftFootedJedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank has been ordered, separate build thread will follow, but i need some advise on stocking. DT is 60g, and I currently have two domino clowns, one YWG, and a tail spot blenny... I really want to add a flame back as the feature, a pistol shrimp to pair with my YWG & maybe a purple head fire fish or neon dottyback?? I plan to keep soft corals, even though flamebacks might not agree.. anything else? Suggestions??

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank has been ordered, separate build thread will follow, but i need some advise on stocking. DT is 60g, and I currently have two domino clowns, one YWG, and a tail spot blenny... I really want to add a flame back as the feature, a pistol shrimp to pair with my YWG & maybe a purple head fire fish or neon dottyback?? I plan to keep soft corals, even though flamebacks might not agree.. anything else? Suggestions??
That sounds like a solid list, the angel might get a little nippy with the softies so that’s the only thing there Id be worried about. Depends on what you care more about though, if the angel is a must have and the corals are a side thought then definitely get the fish. If you really want corals I’d avoid it. Also were you looking for extra suggestions or just suggestions on your current list?

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both.. can a 60g hold more comfortably?
Yes for sure you can have more. Especially with soft corals only you don’t need to be pristine water every second of the day. That’s the glory of softies. I recommend some anthias, Id go either resplendent, sunset, Randall’s or a singular sunburst anthias. For the other anthias I’d get a male and at least 1 female. (Or just 2 female cause 1 will change into male). Also you can hold a smaller wrasse, your choice on what you think looks good. If you have any dream fish or anything you want and aren’t sure about id love to confirm them for you.

TangGang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a 6 line wrasse? I’ve always liked them but hear they are turds.

Maybe a canary/yellow wrasse instead?
Six-line wrasses are indeed very cool but they are aggressive and I would avoid them. A pink-streaked wrasse looks similar to the six-line but is the most peaceful wrasse and the best reef-safe wrasse in general. I would look into the six-line if I were you and see if you like it because if you do I think that is a great idea. Yellow coris wrasses (Halichoeres chrysus) are very cool but may go after your ornamental shrimp if you have or are planning to get some. That pistol shrimp could be in danger. If the pink-streak doesn't interest you maybe try a flasher wrasse, particularly a royal flasher wrasse (Paracheilinus angulatus), because they stay small and are relatively cheap.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back