need help to identify the damage

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2193.JPG

I have found a few stick that are damaged like this. What’s the possibility cause the damage? Any bugs?

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they all being damaged towards the tips or are the others in different areas?

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they all being damaged towards the tips or are the others in different areas?

Two of them are toward to the tip, but the others are not. But all the damaged are around tip don’t see any damage at lower area

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm did it all happen at once? Has it been progressive, did you do anything to the tank right before it happened

It didn’t not happen all at once it been like this for sometime already. Some of the piece got damaged then healed then the other one got damaged ,now two of them got damaged at the same time

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm did it all happen at once? Has it been progressive, did you do anything to the tank right before it happened

It seems to be some kind pest but I don’t see anything yet,I think I’ll try to dip it tonight to see if anything fall off

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that might be a good idea. Every once in a while when I do a deep clean stuff like this happens, I think because I knock something off the rocks that sting my acros. Also I had a problem for a week where I kept getting damage all over my sps corals and in the end I found a urchen with a mushroom on it's back

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does alk swinging can cause the problem? I just notice my feeding pump to the calcium reactor was broken probably is been stop working for long time.
IMG_2194.JPG

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does alk swinging can cause the problem? I just notice my feeding pump to the calcium reactor was broken probably is been stop working for long time.
IMG_2194.JPG
Yes! If you have a swing in alkalinity it will do this, I've had spots show up and then heal from alkalinity swings
Edit: an example would be one time I didn't mix an alkalinity adding solution right and it was super strong and my alkalinity buped up by two dkh and I had random spots where individual polyps died

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! If you have a swing in alkalinity it will do this, I've had spots show up and then heal from alkalinity swings
Edit: an example would be one time I didn't mix an alkalinity adding solution right and it was super strong and my alkalinity buped up by two dkh and I had random spots where individual polyps died

I think maybe that’s the problem thanks

FlyPenFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank?

That small of a alk swing I don't think would cause tissue loss issues.

Temperature swings?

OP
OP
Joker Corals

Joker Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank?

That small of a alk swing I don't think would cause tissue loss issues.

Temperature swings?

The tank is been running 2 years but sps are just 6 months. I don’t know about the temperature it should keep at 80 I’m use the jbj heater controller

Back