IMG_6680.JPG
Starting to spread like wildfire ! Not sure what they are '

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can cut them from the rock and donate or sell to other reefers. Some put kalk paste on them to kill them. Be very careful, they have palytoxin so wear gloves atleast. Some stores might give you credit.

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can cut them from the rock and donate or sell to other reefers. Some put kalk paste on them to kill them. Be very careful, they have palytoxin so wear gloves atleast. Some stores might give you credit.
I would donate them no problem. Now when cutting them! Will they release palytoxin that would harm my fish? I'm so concerned with moving them now because I'm moving all my live rock to A new tank very soon and don't want them spreading in my new tank!

aKlevans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would donate them no problem. Now when cutting them! Will they release palytoxin that would harm my fish? I'm so concerned with moving them now because I'm moving all my live rock to A new tank very soon and don't want them spreading in my new tank!
You can do a large water change and run after cutting them off the rock no make sure the livestock is not affected. If you can, remove all of the rock from the tank and remove the palythoa, then add the rock back.

Cnidoblast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take some tank water out into a bucket and frag them from there - gloves and face-shield are a must

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No a face shield like riot gear face protection. Don't want that stuff getting in your eyes

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back