neoGeorge's Build: One Reef & One Planted Freshwater

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A97269BB-A5CF-4090-AFA9-554957F5F8F8.jpeg

Ooooooh aaahhhhhh... I cannot decide which one to stare at and am feeling like Marty Feldman now!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there... how go the tanks? Any updates? Anything new and different?

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there... how go the tanks? Any updates? Anything new and different?

Hey @crusso1993 , thanks for checking in my friend. Still getting back on my feet - been under the weather (chicken pox, take 2) - guess the stress of the move caught up with me! Reef is doing well, although the new rock is going through its ugly phase (hair algae and dinos). Been dosing Vibrant and NOPOX and phosphates went to zero with nitrates at 30, so had to dial that dosing back a bit. Also treated with Reef Flux, and the hair algae is dying back - a 30% water change in a week should have things right as rain ;-)

So how are things on your side? Keeping up with the workout regimen? And where's your build thread?!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @crusso1993 , thanks for checking in my friend. Still getting back on my feet - been under the weather (chicken pox, take 2) - guess the stress of the move caught up with me! Reef is doing well, although the new rock is going through its ugly phase (hair algae and dinos). Been dosing Vibrant and NOPOX and phosphates went to zero with nitrates at 30, so had to dial that dosing back a bit. Also treated with Reef Flux, and the hair algae is dying back - a 30% water change in a week should have things right as rain ;-)

So how are things on your side? Keeping up with the workout regimen? And where's your build thread?!

Whoa! Sorry to hear about getting the chicken pox. That's got to suck but, at least, it's not shingles.

Sounds like everything is going as it should considering the move.

Not only did I fall off the workout wagon, I set it afire and burned it to the ground! However, I just started back this week and will do a better job of sticking with it. Thanks for asking!

As for a build thread, well, it's kind of a long story. Suffice it to say, I fear no such thing is in the cards for a while. No one is more disappointed than me.

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa! Sorry to hear about getting the chicken pox. That's got to suck but, at least, it's not shingles.

Sounds like everything is going as it should considering the move.

Not only did I fall off the workout wagon, I set it afire and burned it to the ground! However, I just started back this week and will do a better job of sticking with it. Thanks for asking!

As for a build thread, well, it's kind of a long story. Suffice it to say, I fear no such thing is in the cards for a while. No one is more disappointed than me.

Well, I along with many others will celebrate with you when that build thread happens!

BTW, it is, unfortunately, that "s" thing :(

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2815D100-5117-4155-BE86-E971E8578174.jpeg
Monte is growing fast

Holy moly!

(I though you meant the "s" word but don't like making assumptions. I feel very badly for you as I have known a number of people who have had them. A couple of them had it very bad and it was devastating. I hope it's not too bad and am sending healing energy your way.)

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy moly!

(I though you meant the "s" word but don't like making assumptions. I feel very badly for you as I have known a number of people who have had them. A couple of them had it very bad and it was devastating. I hope it's not too bad and am sending healing energy your way.)

On week 2, no relief yet - it decided it liked the sciatic nerve, arrrgh

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great reef definitely following! I love the fresh and marine combo, I'm doing something similar except it's going to be a side by side reef and fowlr. Do you have to perform more water changes with the fresh water?

OP
OP
neoGeorge

neoGeorge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow great reef definitely following! I love the fresh and marine combo, I'm doing something similar except it's going to be a side by side reef and fowlr. Do you have to perform more water changes with the fresh water?

@Murica - thanks! For the planted freshwater I do weekly 30-50% water changes and dose macro and micro ferts daily with a Jebao doser

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back