Neptune DOS Question

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I installed my DOS, part of the setup was to measure you lines, but I do not understand why, they say to caluate the amount of fluid in the line to get a correct dose. For example if the line holds 5 mls an you want to dose 30 mls, then u program a 35 ml dose. I get that. however. That only applies if your lines are not primed/ empty at the being of the dose right?

I looked at my lines this morning, pre dose, an they are still primed. So why add the line volume to the dose amount if your lines stay primed?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never measured my lines. The liquid in the lines is not calculated as part of your dose with one exception that I'm aware of. Some folks dose refrigerated liquids and set their doser to fill the lines, dose what they want, then reverse and drain the lines.

Other than that, line volume is ignored.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the lines are primed, you just calibrate them via fusion and that’s it, because they should stay primed under most conditions

Once primed it doesn’t matter how long they are because if you dose 40ml, that’s all it doses.

OP
OP
ddc0715

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GLAD to hear this seemed a bit odd. i have no need at the moment to reverse my lines.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 119 74.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back