Neptune Flow Sensor - Synergy Reef Overflow

MaddyP

'Til Reefdom Come...
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2016
Messages
1,910
Reaction score
4,485
Location
Vancouver, WA
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my full siphon on Synergy overflow. Is anyone running a flow sensor on their full siphon line? It seems no matter how closed down my gate valve is, I get sharp drops in flow. No air is making it into the lines, I have a steady trickle on the secondary drain line.

upload_2017-10-10_16-27-0.png
 
I am not running full siphon on my return, but this makes sense to me. It's not really sharp drops, its only 5% or so, and when I watch my siphon over time, I see occasional fluctuations, like the pressure in the return is building building building, slows for a second or two, then releases back out. I think this is because my return pump and return flow is not matched 100%, if this makes sense.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new