Nero 5 or MP10

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

So I'm looking into upgrading my powerhead to either an MP10 or a Nero 5. I have a 32-gallon biocube so I'm worried the nero could be a little too strong. I was thinking about getting it so that if I decide to upgrade one day I'd have a pump I could already use and wouldn't have to buy another one. Wondering your thoughts?? Thanks!

#reefsquad

Scotty Buttons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neros are so new it's hard to say, but I've seen a couple people on here saying they really like them and there really slim, AI makes quality products. If it was me I'd probably just buy whichever is cheaper.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The neros are so new it's hard to say, but I've seen a couple people on here saying they really like them and there really slim, AI makes quality products. If it was me I'd probably just buy whichever is cheaper.
Waiting to see if there are any Black Friday sales haah

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if it wasn't cheaper its 1) probably more appropriate sized for your tank, 2) a proven technology 3) and has almost infinite ability to be adjusted to your needs.

I have two on my 6 foot tank to augment my primary MP40's.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if it wasn't cheaper its 1) probably more appropriate sized for your tank, 2) a proven technology 3) and has almost infinite ability to be adjusted to your needs.

I have two on my 6 foot tank to augment my primary MP40's.
Yeah I think that’s the way to go. I’ve onky heard good thing about the ecotech pumps so I think my decision is made :) appreciate it!!

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably obvious but I'm missing it. What part of the MP10 wireless is wireless...? I'm comparing the wireless one to the nonwireless one and they seem to be exactly the same:confused:

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is probably obvious but I'm missing it. What part of the MP10 wireless is wireless...? I'm comparing the wireless one to the nonwireless one and they seem to be exactly the same:confused:

you can sync multiple together wirelessly. i also have an mp10 in my biocube 32 and love it.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the AI. I have the cheaper reef breeders with a similar blade design and have been really impressed with that style of pump and flow characteristics. I also have an mp10 on same tank and these feel like the next generation improvements.

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the AI. I have the cheaper reef breeders with a similar blade design and have been really impressed with that style of pump and flow characteristics. I also have an mp10 on same tank and these feel like the next generation improvements.
do you think it would be too much power for a 32?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you think it would be too much power for a 32?

No as you can turn it down and they have a very wide flow pattern plus should your coral grow a lot and need more flow or if you get a larger system you have it.

On my 34g deep blue I run 2 reef breeder rp-m (like the Nero), 1 mp10 and 1 tunze DC (forget the model). All pulse mode. If I didn't have some lps I would have even more flow!

Back