New 150 Gal cube!!!

brutuscz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics of my new 150 gal marineland cube. Moved everything from my well established 90gal around 2 weeks ago. So far, so good!! ...and YES, that is a giant gigas clam shell!!! It was in my Wife's families restaurant for over 30yrs. Used for weddings to serve shrimp cocktail. Weighs over 80lbs+

23.jpg
22.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquascape is amazing, and the clam shell adds a cool, unique touch, and has a cool story to go with it, very well done tank. What do you have (or plan to have) for finned inhabitants?

OP
OP
brutuscz

brutuscz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquascape is amazing, and the clam shell adds a cool, unique touch, and has a cool story to go with it, very well done tank. What do you have (or plan to have) for finned inhabitants?
I have a large hippo tang, yellow tang, clarkii clown, Melanarus wrasse, 2 firefish, and orchid dottyback. All are doing their best to hide from my picture taking!!! I want a Lamark's angel or swallowtail angel and yellowhead sleeper goby...Not much more after that.

OP
OP
brutuscz

brutuscz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A big part of the reason I wanted a cube, was to accommodate the giant clam shell. I used to have a large koi pond, and had it displayed outside, by the pond. I left that hobby, and made this hobby bigger!! So, I had to choose a tank with no center brace, and room for this big, heavy thing. It is probably closer to 100lbs...really was tough to get in there and stabilize. When I took this shell, my mother in law offered me an even larger one they had. I must have been 150lbs!! It was too much trouble, and I took the smaller one. I am glad I did, the larger one probably would not have fit. I think she sold the other one to a different restaurant, when she retired. But, I was determined to make it a central point of my aquascaping.

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked yours out....looks awesome!! Any problems with the copperband? I want one...but, worry about it picking at coral polyps.
The CBB is kind if a pain because he only eats live black worms. I have had him for 7 months and he won’t even eat love brine. I have tried to get him to eat other food in a QT but no luck. Mine doesn’t pick at any of my corals.

Sorcha2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your tank is deffinetly one of the most unique tanks I've seen. I love the look of the gaint shell.

cycled123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I love how you incorporated the clam shell. It makes it look very "reefy" and natural.

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! I L O V E that aqua scape and that clam shell in the rocks! Absolutely amazing! Looks like a piece of an ancient reef.
<3 <3 <3

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool as heck!! Well done!

Roberts reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked yours out....looks awesome!! Any problems with the copperband? I want one...but, worry about it picking at coral polyps.
I feed my copperband a Manila clam a day and he never touches the corals

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back