New 29g BioCube Build

So I am starting to get what I believe is brown algae on the glass rocks and sand.. Does this mean my tank is finishing its cycle and will just go away like it did in my freshwater tanks?
 
Sounds like you are getting diatoms, got those at the very end of my cycle. All part of a new tank :D
 
I havent updated in a while so here is a picture update with what is going on in my tank :)

6-18-12.jpg
6-18-12a.jpg
6-18-12b.jpg
6-18-12c.jpg
6-18-12d.jpg
 
Looking good, for the question on the diatoms missed that earlier but livestock should be fine.
 
Yeah I asked a couple of fish stores about that and they said the same... I am scrubbing the glass every night before bed in hopes that it goes away soon... :-)
 
New Additions! Yay!! :-)

cardinalfish.jpg

chromis.jpg

firefish.jpg


There is also a Diadem dottyback hiding in the rocks since I have gotten the little guy... I dont see him much, not even during feeding time... should I be worried?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new