OP
OP
LaraLouM

LaraLouM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is a file fish. I couldn't tell you if they eat aptasia, we never had it in this tank. I have read that they took on traits of the puffers and swim with puffers for protection against preditors.
So do you have any trouble housing him with coral/inverts? I’ve read that’s a concern with puffers. Is his personality strong like puffers?

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reeferJMX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great advice! I was unaware of the false floor. We will inspect that when we switch the back stuff out.

I was trying to decide between one medium powered powerheads, or two small powerheads alternating. What do you use?

Congrats on the purchase! I'm new on this forum, so, Hello to all as well!

One powerhead is enough (nano size). You already have the return pump that by itself will be enough. Placement is subjective. I have mine on the left side.

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I implore you to please get one of these gap guards. I knew about the guard, and just never got around to getting one. And because I didn't, a few weeks ago my beloved first fish, a snowflake clown, jumped into the back compartment and was dead by the time I found her. Please don't let that happen to you.

reeferJMX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I implore you to please get one of these gap guards. I knew about the guard, and just never got around to getting one. And because I didn't, a few weeks ago my beloved first fish, a snowflake clown, jumped into the back compartment and was dead by the time I found her. Please don't let that happen to you.

I second that! (Even if I haven't bought one yet). I have a sixline wrasse that was missing for a day. Found it in chamber 3 (return pump). LOL!

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had a fish get back there, but I do plan to check it out. Learning stuff I didn't know before. This and a false compartment! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
LaraLouM

LaraLouM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have never even heard of that! I will look into getting one. We love InTank products.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 even with the new fish saver built in, get the add on! I have fished a certain clownfish out of the pump section. I still can't believe she got through the 1/4" gap.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t know what to say, that is so sweet! I would love to grab it from you :D
I see you have been introduced to Katrina a real sweetheart. Arguing about buying anything from her is a lost cause. ;Joyful

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back