New Acrylic Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter tresguey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tresguey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2011
Messages
48
Reaction score
14
Location
So Cali
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a used acrylic tank. 36L X 15W X 24H. I filled her up to make sure there were no leaks before I start to buff it out. I filled it to just before the built in overflow. Good news was there are no leaks. But I did noticed the front was bowed out. Is this normal for an acrylic tank? I have always had glass tanks and have never noticed a bow.
 
Not really... If its a production tank "tru vu" etc then yes it's normal... Not good thou... How thick is it??
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new