new bubble tip anemone...

  • Thread starter Thread starter lickyricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lickyricky

Red Sea Max E-170
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2012
Messages
407
Reaction score
119
Location
Miami, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long should I acclimate my new aneomone? i have him in a small container that is floating in my tank the moment. He is in there with the water from his bag and I have added about 5 mil of my tank water so far. How much water should I add at a time and how do I know when he is ready for the tank? A website said I should leave the tank lights off? is this true?
 
Patience is key with anemones! Also never move them! Once you put it in the tank it's most likely going to move around!
 
Just let it acclimate for 1/2 hour with mixture of your water and theirs. Put him in a spot you would like him and then he will decide if you were right or not. lol The most important thing is to take pics and share with us!!! hahaha Congrats on your new BTA!!!
 
How are you making out with the acclimation?
 
I acclimated him for 2 hours...haha. I did not come back to read the responses. He seems happy in the spot I put him in! pics coming soon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new