Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says I have some new CB frostbite clowns that are picking at food occasionally but not crushing it. They seem healthy to me and don’t look thin. They’ve been in the tank 3-4 days I forget which. I think we got them Monday night. One will eat sometimes during the day the other picks at food and looks at it but then swims away. Is this normal? Will they start eating eventually or am I just screwed? They ate fine at the store per my friend who works there. One is still zipping around like a lunatic and the other has calmed down and is slowly cruising around exploring

Attachments

• IMG_1567.MOV
    44.6 MB

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they have frozen get Rods polyp teasers or some other kind of frozen fish eggs. Mine go crazy for them.

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says I have some new CB frostbite clowns that are picking at food occasionally but not crushing it. They seem healthy to me and don’t look thin. They’ve been in the tank 3-4 days I forget which. I think we got them Monday night. One will eat sometimes during the day the other picks at food and looks at it but then swims away. Is this normal? Will they start eating eventually or am I just screwed? They ate fine at the store per my friend who works there. One is still zipping around like a lunatic and the other has calmed down and is slowly cruising around exploring
I’d give it a little for them to adjust are you feeding flakes pellet frozen? I’ve fed all my clowns and past clowns frozen and new life spectrum pellets

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
brine flakes
spirulina brine shrimp
mysis shrimp
small plankton
LRS fish frenzy

These are some of the foods my clowns just shred and I have over 22 clowns amongst 3 tanks

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newly hatched baby brine shrimp is loved by both my clowns. Also, just give them time to acclimate to your tank. You could also find out what the seller was feeding them and feed the same food, slowly switching over to your favored food.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d give it a little for them to adjust are you feeding flakes pellet frozen? I’ve fed all my clowns and past clowns frozen and new life spectrum pellets
I’ve tried flakes, pellets, frozen mysis, and frozen brine shrimp. Is it just an adjustment period? Also possible they’ve been eating pods. They pick at my rocks a lot.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newly hatched baby brine shrimp is loved by both my clowns. Also, just give them time to acclimate to your tank. You could also find out what the seller was feeding them and feed the same food, slowly switching over to your favored food.
They were feeding pellets and mysis. No luck for me on either. They try the pellets then spit them out

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve tried flakes, pellets, frozen mysis, and frozen brine shrimp. Is it just an adjustment period? Also possible they’ve been eating pods. They pick at my rocks a lot.
If they are eating pods that’s free fish food I’m sure they they will be fine ive only owned maroon clowns and 2 occes all my maroons where never picky to be honest I think you’ll be good bro

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are eating pods that’s free fish food I’m sure they they will be fine ive only owned maroon clowns and 2 occes all my maroons where never picky to be honest I think you’ll be good bro
Mine are occes. They look good though so I guess they’re ok. I’ll just keep watching them. I’ll feed live brine shrimp if I have to

TxReefer21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are occes. They look good though so I guess they’re ok. I’ll just keep watching them. I’ll feed live brine shrimp if I have to
@vetteguy53081 suggested all the stuff I would feed even when I throw in a broadcast feed of reef roids it makes my six line and clowns go nuts! Then I’ll throw in some Pellets after or some brine and they end up eating and eat a lot

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much all the first fish I add to aquariums start out this way, showing interest in the food then spitting them out. Generally it seems like the taste/scent attracts them, but the actual texture is odd so they spit it out. But then after a while they are happy to take it up.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much all the first fish I add to aquariums start out this way, showing interest in the food then spitting them out. Generally it seems like the taste/scent attracts them, but the actual texture is odd so they spit it out. But then after a while they are happy to take it up.
So I shouldn’t worry about these guys? I’ve only ever had stuff like damsels and wrasse ans angels who never had any issues eating literally anything that moved

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I shouldn’t worry about these guys? I’ve only ever had stuff like damsels and wrasse ans angels who never had any issues eating literally anything that moved
Personally, no. I would not worry. I would worry if they cannot find the food. But for me, it seems like even if they don't want to eat it, they will get hungry enough to have to eat it.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back