New Feather Duster acclimation?

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

my first LA order arrived today - got some colorful feather dusters. Since it's my first time introducing dusters, got a couple of questions.

1) now it's being drip acclimated - i assume i do not dip this right? since its technically a dip "removes" hitch hikers which I'm assume includes feather dusters? I use Coral RX
2) any other way to safely "clean" the duster before i add it to the tank?
3) I want to keep these dusters in a separate rock island, is it safe to glue them as i would a coral? or just stick them in the sand and let them do their thing?

Thanks

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer your questions:

1) Drip acclimate is perfect, as feather dusters are sensitive inverts. DO NOT USE CORAL RX!

2) I personally would not clean the duster unless you really notice a bad hitchiker around its tube. If there is something, I would very carefully remove it by hand or brush it gently.

3) I personally would not glue them, not sure if others do. I would burry them in the sand with the crown out.

Once they open up, share some pics! :)

OP
OP
D

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To answer your questions:

1) Drip acclimate is perfect, as feather dusters are sensitive inverts. DO NOT USE CORAL RX!

2) I personally would not clean the duster unless you really notice a bad hitchiker around its tube. If there is something, I would very carefully remove it by hand or brush it gently.

3) I personally would not glue them, not sure if others do. I would burry them in the sand with the crown out.

Once they open up, share some pics! :)
They are in the tank now! I glued them. Found some other threads that said coral glue is ok

It took a while to find a good flow spot for them so good thing they were on a movable rock. A lot of the flow in the tank was too high bc of my sps. Finally found a spot where it was slow enough that they didn't look like wet brush and actually looked like fan duster

Took even longer to get a good picture lol, they are so finicky. I turned down the flow, they disappear, I redial up the flow, they disappear, i turn light to less blue to take the pic, they disappear, my phone accidentally tap the glass, they disappear... Esp the yellow one...

Anyway, finally got some good pics.

20210109_124911.jpg
20210109_130656.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.0%
Back