New Gyre 300 Series Pumps Feature Sine Wave Tech & Flow Director

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect on the FB page said Spring of '19, so maybe end of March to mid April I'm guessing.
All us 200 series users better stock up on prop bushings before then or we'll be screwed big time.

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the new controller is wireless that would be enough for me to upgrade. I would play with the flow way way more and make something best suited for my aquarium. Or load profiles of others.

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect on the FB page said Spring of '19, so maybe end of March to mid April I'm guessing.
All us 200 series users better stock up on prop bushings before then or we'll be screwed big time.

So I bought my first set of gyres this BF in November. 280s for a tank I am about to start next month.

WhT parts do I need to buy? As backup.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought my first set of gyres this BF in November. 280s for a tank I am about to start next month.

WhT parts do I need to buy? As backup.

On my 1st series (100 series), I failed to watch what Maxspect was doing and my original propellers all have broken prop bushings which you can't buy anymore. The prop bushings were the only parts that broke on me so I would say get some extra prop bushings.

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like the idea. One thing I really don't like about powerheads like the Neptune WAV or the Gyres in comparison to the MP## line, is maintenance. Cleaning my WAV pumps this weekend in comparison to the MP40's was just a pain. If they would just make the power cable with a quick disconnect dongle then life would just be simpler. Say a 1ft or 1.5ft cable with an extension. That way you wouldn't have to either bring all your cleaning solution close to the tank, or unplug the cable from the power supply just for cleaning.

Terrance did a great video on this. Since the wav shuts off automatically when its out of water you can just remove it. It also perfectly fits into the BRS one gallon container (you perhaps have one lying around that used to have carbon or GFO in it). Fill the container half way with 1:1 vinegar and water and place the pump in it. The pump will auto start right up and blow acid water around. The force of the acid water cleans the pump pretty quickly. You can then pull the pump out, dump out the vinegar and replace with freshwater. Place the wav back in to freshwater rinse, then back in the tank. Super easy!

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwateraquarium.com just opened up pre-orders this morning. Their note, "This item is a PREORDER. It is NOT in stock yet. We expect to have these in stock and shipping on Mar 4th 2019. This date is subject to change depending on the manufacture. We will do our best to hit this target."

$149.99 for 1 XF330 Pump
$299.99 for 1 XF330 Pump & Gyre 300 Series Controller
$449.98 for 2 XF330 Pumps & Gyre 300 Series Controller

$169.99 for 1 XF350 Pump
$349.99 for 1 XF350 Pump & Gyre 300 Series Controller
$519.98 for 2 XF350 Pumps & Gyre 300 Series Controller

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to switch to gyre pumps, for those that have had more than 1 pump head, would u recommend 2 pump heads, or would 1 work with some other power heads on the other side of tank. Right now I have 3 IM power heads on a 120 DT turning roughly 5000 gph.

Turning tank into a sps tank mainly.

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty long wait, i placed my order for the 350 x2 kti either way. hope it comes sooner

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is quite annoying though that another module is required to use an app, i guess ecotech has reeflink so at least the maxspect one is cheaper.

how will/can this connect to apex?

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in an order for a 350. I haven’t used a gyre before. I didn’t go for 2 just because one side of the tank is a main viewable area the way my tank is set up so I didn’t want a big pump blocking the view.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine set up. I like it so far. It’s pretty close to silent unless it’s at 80% or above but even then it’s very quiet. It’s my first gyre. What is the most popular mode? Right now I have it set at slow pulse during the day and then I stick with slow pulse at night but turn the intensity down to only 40%.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there any fees or anything for crossing the border?
You guys have a great de minimis ($800 US), so no, you won't have duties. Taxes possibly, not sure how that works out depending on your location, but no duties. Warranty support will be the issue.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back