New Here and Just getting started!

dpforlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, new here but I’ve been reading threads trying to learn for sometime . I am very use to fresh water and had some aggressive tanks over the years, mainly piranhas. I use to help my mother with her saltwater tanks when I was a kid back in the 80’s but it was water mixing and simple filters back then. I’ve always wanted a saltwater tank and recently I was practically gifted 2 tanks, a 180 gal that’s drilled and a 250 gal that is not drilled as well as 200+ lbs of rock from a frag system with no fish. The 180 holds water and was in use but one of the inner seals looks like it could use a fresh seal so thinking of redoing the inner seals. The 250 gal holds water also just needs a good cleaning, it also came with a metal stand but it was out in the elements so it needs some work. Not sure what type of fish I want but I do know that I want some Anemones. Any tips on equipment, lights, HOB skimmers, any advice, direction, threads to read, books to read I am open and willing to learn. Thanks!

IMG_3772.jpeg IMG_3770.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
oh man. i wish i had the same happen to me! would be nice to have two amazing sized tanks!

if it were me? one tank would be a specific type of biome(predatory fish, anemone harem, etc) and the second would be something else. or just two massively stocked reef tanks!

ps: welcome aboard the r2r board!

OP
OP
dpforlife

dpforlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man. i wish i had the same happen to me! would be nice to have two amazing sized tanks!

if it were me? one tank would be a specific type of biome(predatory fish, anemone harem, etc) and the second would be something else. or just two massively stocked reef tanks!

ps: welcome aboard the r2r board!
Not sure if I have room for both though the 180 looks like it would fit in the bottom shelf of the 250 gal stand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 89 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back