New here, just saying hello

GSD09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it would be nice to introduce myself to this wonderful reefing community. I started this hobby about a year and a half ago with a ghetto ten gallon nano. I made a lot of mistakes but I have learned from them. I just started a 40 gallon breeder back in January but I'm on a very tight budget so its not much to look at. Here is an old pic a week or so after set up not much has changed just added a CUC, Coral Beauty, Blue/gold Damsel, and some test frags everything appears to be doing good. I will upload some new pics later and start a tank thread. So again hello to everyone.

IMG_4201.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great! Welcome to R2R! :D

Ladipyg

Saltwater Diva
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is loaded with rock and I'm looking forward to up grading to my 120 gallon so I can get rid of some of it...I think your landscaping looks more natural and I like the clean appearance. Take it slow...you're doing it right. When you go too fast things go wrong and you get frustrated. Welcome to R2R...you'll like it here.

OP
OP
GSD09

GSD09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind welcome,
My tank is loaded with rock and I'm looking forward to up grading to my 120 gallon so I can get rid of some of it...I think your landscaping looks more natural and I like the clean appearance. Take it slow...you're doing it right. When you go too fast things go wrong and you get frustrated. Welcome to R2R...you'll like it here.

I rushed my first tank and had nothing but problems and got frustrated, so before I even set this one up I decided to go slow and keep it simple so far so good(knock on wood).The downside to the landscape is I lose space to place frags. Thanks again for the kind welcome and good luck with your upgrade.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the site! Looks like you have a great start ... can't wait to see it progress!

OP
OP
GSD09

GSD09

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all, I still have a long way to go. Here are a few more pics, sorry for the actinic FTS one of my Bulbs burned out so I will try and get a FTS with all the lights on tonight or tomorrow.

IMG_5172.jpg
IMG_5095.jpg
IMG_5148.jpg
IMG_5016.jpg

SavetheReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Dont worry we all started out the same way with small tanks :)
I miss those days when a water change was only 10-15g

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back