New Hobbyist: ich diagnosis confirmation

Mochlate

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2024-03-02 08_36_14-Window.png

This little guy has had some lighter patches of funk on his skin for a few days which you can still see, but today I am noticing this much more pronounced white spot. I'm guessing this is Ich based on what I have seen online but I am fairly new so I'm not sure. Any diagnostic input from more experienced hobbyists would be greatly appreciated.
 
2024-03-02 08_36_14-Window.png

This little guy has had some lighter patches of funk on his skin for a few days which you can still see, but today I am noticing this much more pronounced white spot. I'm guessing this is Ich based on what I have seen online but I am fairly new so I'm not sure. Any diagnostic input from more experienced hobbyists would be greatly appreciated.
Does appear to be ich and will require treatment in a separate quarantine tank treated with coppersafe at 2.1-2.3 level of copper monitored with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand and added aeration for 21-30 days
I recommend the range of copper based on type of fish
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

While the spot does look like ich, it could also just be a sand grain. The diffuse skin discoloration does add to the ich diagnosis.
Waiting a couple of days while you prepare for the worst (you may need a treatment tank) will help diagnose: if the spots come and go and change location, but gradually increase in numbers, it is probably ich.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new