New jeabo pump

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a vortex clone.
The back edge most distal to the front (propeller) is completely flat suggesting it sits on a glass (inside). In addition, there is clearly no thickness sufficient for strong magnets at the one edge half way through the device where one could imagine splitting the device .
what is interesting is that this device appears to not have the ability to rotate and direct flow which has been a key
“Feature” of prior versions of this device.

Not a major update in my opinion
I agree, if the motor is not external to the tank, and this pump does not swivel, and is louder. I dont know what the upgrade would be.

nematode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RE: vortech patent
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7393188.pdf .
It was originally filed on 3/16/2005. The date of the patent is july 1 2008.
Term of patent: for utility patents filed on or after June 8, 1995, the term of the patent is 20 years from the earliest filing date of the application on which the patent was granted.

That would mean some time in 2025 would be when that patent expires.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say those original wps resembled tunze more than hydor. Their newer pump designs I will say have improved in flow, but same yearish time like before failure

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say those original wps resembled tunze more than hydor. Their newer pump designs I will say have improved in flow, but same yearish time like before failure
Agree on the pump, it was the suction cup edges on the magnet that was like hydor korallias. Now they have those flat magnets with the rubber that falls off

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"External drive controller, no electronic devices inside of pump, longer life"

This is clearly as Vortech ripoff.

lZzQMWc.jpg

Vi11TWN.jpg
s411SU5.jpg

rHnnRIW.jpg

BESkKNy.jpg

Last edited:

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"External drive controller, no electronic devices inside of pump, longer life"

This is clearly as Vortech ripoff.

lZzQMWc.jpg

Vi11TWN.jpg
s411SU5.jpg

rHnnRIW.jpg

BESkKNy.jpg
as I posted above, they moved the controlling parts out of the motor after the RW/PP series pumps.
What you quoted doesnt mean it has the motor out of the water, just that the control signal and parts are in the controller, not in the motor.
The slw20 says the same thing on the box
bbb0a53cb394b695e788d7b6e401725c.jpg

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as I posted above, they moved the controlling parts out of the motor after the RW/PP series pumps.
What you quoted doesnt mean it has the motor out of the water, just that the control signal and parts are in the controller, not in the motor.

Sneaky Jabeo

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well if you look at the pictures the cords are clearly on the backend of the pump and that means no cords in the tank.

Ozzi-reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if you look at the pictures the cords are clearly on the backend of the pump and that means no cords in the tank.
in the pic the cord comes out of the top right of the back section - meaning it would sit in the water (with a magnet on the other side of the glass) with cord flush against the wet-side glass. If it was in-tank (with the two sections able to separate) wouldn't the cord be positioned on the top left of the back section (making cord sit flush against the dry-side glass, like a Vortech)?

Shaummy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can tell, the seam that you see in the picture is to separate the "cage" and access to the impeller for cleaning (common for most of these types of powerheads from them). The part that is not shown is the outside magnet that would keep the pictured section on the inside glass. This model does away with the fork style bracket that allows a lot more flexibility to direct the flow. It seems that this is just another iteration of the form factor with the power going into the tank.

OP
OP
joseserrano

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can tell, the seam that you see in the picture is to separate the "cage" and access to the impeller for cleaning (common for most of these types of powerheads from them). The part that is not shown is the outside magnet that would keep the pictured section on the inside glass. This model does away with the fork style bracket that allows a lot more flexibility to direct the flow. It seems that this is just another iteration of the form factor with the power going into the tank.
So the assumption is that they are like the wave pucks?

Back